Plan to buy mac mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kem415, Mar 18, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Rite now i have Macbook mid 2010 with 2.4 ghz 2gb 250hdd. I was interesting on mac mini i5 or i7. I only use it for daily use as main desktop also with heavy streamer and loud sound system since im deaf. Should i buy it or wait until apple release 2013 mac mini. i can wait to oct however i just was ur advice that all.

thank you for reading my tread

2. macrumors 6502a

You can get the 2012 mini's in the refurb store for a decent discount so go for the i7 Mini, it's worth it.

3. macrumors demi-goddess

costabunny

I usually advise that if your current system is doing everything you want, then why change it? If you want to go from a macbook to a desktop then the current mini's are great.

The only upcoming changes are likely to be performance increases. If you do anything that is processor or graphics heavy then it might be better to wait, but if not then the current ones will be fine.

I use a 2012 mini and often use it for encoding and graphics design work, its more than enough oomph for me. I even play games from time to time and while it wont handle full 1080p at super extra graphics settings, its fine and just as enjoyable with med settings.

If you dont play games then current specs are most likely plenty for you.

4. macrumors 603

justperry

A Base Mac Mini would probably do for you, I bought one a couple of weeks ago and have no problems whatsoever aside the 10.8.2 problems.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I was moving from laptop to desktop since i use iphone 4 for mobile and everywhere so i dont use laptop for mobile also do recycle program from apple or other store buz i want move all my stuff from macbook to mac mini digital

6. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

What size is your Macbook? Any chance you would be looking to trade?

I have a Late 2012 Mini with a 32gb ram upgrade.

Thanks!

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

my is macbook mid 2010 2.4 ghz with 4 gb ram upgraded 250hdd it got tiny damaged screw part also yea i look for trade or recycle since i interest in mac mini if u want me take complete photo of it to verified for u i willing do so

8. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

A few pictures would be great. Thanks!

9. macrumors regular

Jedi

There is nothing wrong with the world that a Mac Mini can`t cure !!

Go for it !! :D

G. 

10. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Correction, mine has 16gb of RAM, not 32.

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

hey do u have email so i can send u picture of my macbook it refusing let me add picture to it

----------

if i get mac mini i need webcam for it buz i use deaf video relay service it need hd interface

12. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

PM'd you.