Planetside on intel macs?

Discussion in 'Games' started by joecool85, Apr 10, 2006.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    My friend was wondering if the game planet side runs well on an intel mac running windows...anyone know?
  2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    I'd assume so. So far nobody has found a game that doesn't work.
  3. CJM macrumors 65816

May 7, 2005
    I hear EVE Online works dreamily on the new Macs.

God I want one :(
  4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Any chance I could talk someone into testing this on a Core Duo mini for me? I'm really being pulled between a 1.66ghz mini (refurb, old model with SD) and an iMac.

Ideally, a 24" iMac would be all mine, if I had $2000+ to blow on it. I'm unwilling to step down in display size from my current 19" to a 17", so it's between the 20" iMac and a mini.

Anyways, there are only a couple games I would be interested in playing anyways, and this is one of them (along with Guildwars which rumor has it works pretty decent). It's a free download now, and there's no fees to play up to a certain level so it's just your time and bandwidth. It's a pretty fun game, so maybe you'll even enjoy it!

It ran very nicely (high detail at a high frame rate) on my old PC with a Radeon 9600, so I'm hopeful that low-medium settings will get a steady 30fps on the mini. This would really help me decide between the two systems, so I'd appreciate it a ton!
  5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Anyone? Free download over at! :) It was fun when I played it back in '04...