Plano, TX - Willowbend Location

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by anonymous6237, Jun 16, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

I will be at the willow bend mall location in Plano TX on the 24th. For those of you with experience at this store what's it normally like?

I just recently moved to the area and that is just the closest one to where I live. I know it's in the mall so how will that work? Will the line be specified somewhere outside the mall?

2. macrumors 65816

Line will form inside the mall at the Apple store. There's an unofficial line that has been formed at previous launches outside the food court entrance for when the mall doors are locked. It will be very busy at Willow Bend I would get there as early as possible.

Remember its not going to be a simple pay with your card and leave. They will be activating the phones in store, which Apple will need to communicate with AT&T activation servers. We know how well that turned out on pre-order day. I would set expectations low and hopefully AT&T can meet them.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

How early do you think a line will form? I know it wont be a simple pay and go so I plan to get there early but I don't want to spend the night or anything.

I guess I'll go by there after work on the 23rd and scout it out. I plan on going to the store this weekend and talking to some of the employees just to get their ideas.

4. macrumors member

What time will the mall open their doors?

5. macrumors newbie

i am also picking up my iphone from willowbend, i talked to one of the employees today and this is what i was told, there will be two lines, one for reserved and one that are just walking in, the doors for the mall will open at 6:30, the doors by the food court

6. macrumors member

Cool thanks for the info.

7. macrumors regular

The line outside the food court doors usually starts the night before. Last year for the 3GS i got there around 1 in the morning and was 9th in line, but i would imagine that the line will have a lot more people this year!

8. macrumors 6502a

i-John

I called the store and they said the doors at the food court will open at 6am and there will be 2 lines (reservations and non-reservations)

9. macrumors newbie

what time do you guys plan on being there?

10. macrumors 6502a

i-John

I'm thinking it'll be long since AT&T stores won't be taking walk ins. I'm thinking that 1-3am you'll still be good

11. macrumors newbie

WillowBend - 24th

I plan to get there around 3a or so...

12. macrumors newbie

I'll be there at 4am.. hoping that's early enough since I'll be working all day too. I have a confirmed reservation from Apple, but from what I can tell that doesn't really mean much. Definitely planning on stopping by at lunch today to find out how I can improve my chances.

13. macrumors newbie

No Reservation

I don't have a reservation. I have a phone on order from Apple but won't get it until July 5 or so. So, I think I'm going to head up and see if I can get a walk in...

14. macrumors newbie

12 people already in line, per the other thread.

15. macrumors newbie

i wonder if those people reserved theirs or not

16. macrumors member

Are people lined up outside or next to the apple store?

17. macrumors member

How many people are in line thus far?

18. macrumors newbie

Someone (@davidswinney) posted this to twitter at 8:45PM or so:

http://ow.ly/i/2dhU

I count about 19 people, and there could be more around the corner.

19. macrumors newbie

Here's another one, posted around 8:15 PM by @josiahplatt. Shows that there ARE more people around the corner, I'd say at least 30 total already.

http://twitpic.com/1zdxjb

20. macrumors member

I will probably head out there in about an hour.

21. macrumors regular

If you're not here yet, I would head over here there's probably around 50 already...

22. macrumors newbie

Any idea whether the people in line mainly have reservations, or are they hoping to get one first-come-first-serve?

23. macrumors regular

The few people i've talked to have said the didn't reserve.

24. macrumors regular

I have a reservation.. but I'm going after work.. I am gonna try to see if I can get the reservation to my friend since mine is coming via AT&T tomorrow.

25. macrumors newbie

exciting im still probably gonna show up around 6 or so