Plans for nintendo ds games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by steamboat26, Jul 11, 2006.

1. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I don't own a DS, but really would make me get one would be Super Smash Brothers on the DS (and FINALLY have online play for Super Smash). Anybody know about plans to bring Smash to the DS?

2. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

I think if there were plans they would've circled around the Internet already, but it's possible there may be an announcement about something of that sort at the next E3 or event like that.

Agreed, a Super Smash DS would be amazing. Nintendo would sell millions of DS's just from that game.

:)

3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Just read an article that mentioned Smash Bros for DS is being considered, but is NOT currently in production. The Wii Smash Bros will be online, but obviously not portable.

4. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

It could be portable if you had a portable TV and a really long extension cord. ;)

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

you'll have to wait and see...it's not gonna happen anytime soon...

6. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Just pure speculation but I think they will release it sometime next year. SSBB is pretty much the only major Nintendo franchise not represented at the momemt with Zelda & Starfox coming out this Fall. I imagine they want to hold back some of their games for if Sony or Microsoft release new handhelds...Mario Hoops might be good too and it is coming out this fall...

Among other things I wish Nintendo would release on DS are:

Mario Tennis
    Mario Strikers
    Play-Yan DS
    TV Tuner
    Palm Like Organizer Suite

Actually, I wish Nintendo would not use their Mario franchise so much and just make the Sports games have a different franchise...I think Mario is oversaturated...

Also, I am hoping for some more great third-party games like Tales of Symphonia or Viewtiful Joe DS....Imagine how great Viewtiful Joe would be on DS if it can support that level of graphics...

7. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I really want to see a Mario Party for the DS. They need to go back to Mario Party 1-3 style though... the new ones suck.

Daniel.

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

ooh, good point. didn't realise there wasn't a fighter on the DS (or good enough to get noticed, or actually in English (JUMP SUPERSTARS come to me)). A Street Fighter game is desired. Especially after the massively disappointing PSP version

10. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

The day a DS SSBM online game comes out, I am buying a DS. on the spot.

11. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Well until they release SSBB or a new Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat the only option is the GBA Street Fighter II which is a great remake of a classic.

I got River City Ransom because I like Action/Fighters and loved the original back in the early '90s but it isn't as good as the original because it lacks two-player. I hear the Double Dragon remake for GBA is pretty good though...

If you don't mind Japanese, import Bleach. It is online for DS and is supposed to be fantastic...Would it work in America online; does anyone know?

12. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I'm pretty sure they've already announced Viewtiful Joe DS, no?

13. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Wow I just looked the Veiwtiful Joe DS up and it got an OK score but they said it was too short and a little too easy. I might pick it up after I get FFIII and Zelda later this year though. Thanks, I didn't know this was already out....

14. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

ah i wish we had Mario Tennis on the DS...:(

15. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Will DS finally be the platform that has a re-release of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Sever Stars?

I swore when the GBA came out that the last of the Super Mario Advance series would include that game. But no...