Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
Thankfully I don't feel like EA messed this up. They even added a small story element to the game, although it's lame but they did!

You can play through the entire game without spending a dime, the only reason the stuff is behind a pay wall is if you want to advance faster without really having to try very hard.

It's a free game and it won't cost you a dime(unless you want it to), why not try it?

I made it to like level 5-6 it no time(yes, it's a tad bit easier then the first game, I remember the night and fog levels being a huge pain), but it held my attention regardless!

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Day 1 of playing PvZ 2: Hated it.
Day 2: Starting to grow on me.
Day 3: Not too bad...
Day 4: Could it be better than the original...?
Day 10: I don't want to play the original game ever again.

Yes, some of the 'classic' plants are behind the pay wall, but they are mainly there for the diehard fans who want some nostalgia. There are enough new plants to try that you won't need the old ones.

Overall, there are enough new game dynamics and new tactics to learn that you really don't miss the old game. In fact, PvZ 1 seems kinda sterile and boring compared to PvZ 2.

To simplify what this game has become think of Angry Birds + Mandatory 3 Stars on every level after you have beaten the level once. PVZ is worse at that you cannot get the 3 stars from a single play though but you have to play the level 4 times with 3 of those with specific objectives.

I want a casual game on the go not a game I want to throw the iPad.
Thank you, guys. Excellent help in these posts.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
Yeah same here.

Found the fix. I did this and it worked for me. All my progress is now on my ipad as well as my phone.

- On both devices, launch Settings, then select iCloud
- Tap "Documents & Data" and turn this option OFF.
- Confirm by tapping "Turn Off Documents."
- Power off both devices by holding the power button until "Slide to power off" appears and then sliding that bar.
- Turn your devices back on.
- Open Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data again and turn the option back ON for both devices.

Finally, launch Plants vs. Zombies 2 and allow the game to sit on the main menu screen for a couple of minutes. This should prompt the game to sync.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Oh happy day!

The original PvZ has finally been updated with iPhone 5 support.
It looks amazing now.

Thanks PopCap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.