Platte Canyon High In Colorado: Gunman in school, Hostages?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by XNine, Sep 27, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    CNN breaks this news. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/27/school.alert.ap/index.html

I live on the other side of town from this. It's 35 miles SW of Denver. I was also here during columbine.

If you have family/friends in the area, please alert them. Many students/staff have been relocated but they believe there are at least four hostages in the building.

:eek:

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Gosh man, I hope everyone is alright. We don't need another school shooting.

Bless

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

we need another school shooting like a shot to the head.

/bad

/bad

4. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

5. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Small but good update: Gunman confirmed killed in the raid. Same link as above...

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The gunman has been killed CNN is reporting, at least that saves us the cost of a trial and feeding this fool for the rest of his life and housing him in prison.

7. mooncaine macrumors regular

Hope he didn't take anyone with him on his way out, and good riddance. Some sharpshooter deserves a pay rise for that one.

8. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

They don't seem to really know anything. I was watching 9News this afternoon and they interviewed a freshman who talked to the guy on his way to english class. He seemed very nervous. I hope the wounded hostage is alright. I also hope they have more details about all of this. Maybe I'll turn on channel 2 right now and see what they're saying.

Oh, and I hope people don't start thinking that Colorado is filled with gun people in high schools.

9. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

OK, CW2 just said that the gunman took six girls and one was killed, four were released, and one was hurt and put on flight for life. He shot and killed himself when the SWAT team came in, and I don't think there was a bomb as people were speculating earlier.

It's weird because my dad is in Europe right now and he was the first one to tell me about it. He said it was on BBC. World news coverage really shows how instantaneous a message can go out and how the world is a nonstop, 24-hour place.

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

Truly a disturbing story, especially now that my daughter is in school. Apparently there was one girl who was fatally shot and died at the hospital. She has a twin brother, who wasn't at school.

It sounds as though the police did what they could - and that the sheriff's son was at the school at the time.

11. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

This is definitely a bad week for schools. I wonder what the motive was behind this latest shooting? Regardless, glad he's being charged as an adult, and hopefully gets the harshest punishment Wisconsin can give him. Which, according to the article, is life in prison.

Heart definitely goes out to all the family and friends of both victims :(