plausible rumor or not? (I so want this...)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by wangagat, Mar 23, 2004.

1. wangagat macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004

what do you think of this rumor?

here's what I would want that device for:

I have an xbox for the gamer inside of me, as gaming was the only good reason for not switching. However, I don't have a TV set or an extra monitor so I've wanted to be able to plug the xbox into the powerbook. Yeah, I can use s-video with existing capture devices, but I wanted component inputs to get 480p and 720p (which the 15" is capable of)

ok, so technically, I haven't switched yet, although I've been wanting to for a long long time. Only problem is I don't have the money yet. So I'll probably have to wait 'til beginning of summer before purchasing.

However, I already know which model I want to get. A 15" AlBook /w superdrive and maxout RAM. Albeit, that might change if new laptops come out.

here's what I plan on doing /w the laptop.

I'm a drummer, so I'll be using a usb midi adapter /w GarageBand to fiddle around /w amateur music composition.

an M-Audio Sonica Theater for watching DVDs and surround sound.

I also have an ipod so that'll be plugged into the firewire 400 port.

damn I like using up all the ports...

2. wangagat thread starter macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
  3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    please don't bump a thread - if it doesn't get any responses that's the way it goes...

Interesting device...but I wouldn't get it until it proved itself for a while.

4. wangagat thread starter macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    Thanks for the info Mr. Anderson. I am new and wasn't aware of that rule. Thanks for pointing it out.

5. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

Nov 3, 2003
    Milky Way
    "bump"? what the H does that mean?
  6. wangagat thread starter macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    when you answer your own thread, therefor "bumping" it back to the top of the forum page.
  7. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

Nov 30, 2003
    it means you make a post just for the sake of moving the thread back to the top.

nevermind. I didn't see that question was already answered. maybe I nned some sleep :)
  8. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    I don't think so.

This is a profoundly stupid rumor. Have you priced a HDTV tuner lately? I see them at prices up to $700. Apple rarely takes the position of loss-leader of any market that it enters. The whole thing seems so inelegant, so kludgey, so un-Mac-like. If they said that this was part of Gateway's MediaPC plans, I could accept it. Apple? Na-a-a-ah.