plausible rumor or not? (I so want this...)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by wangagat, Mar 23, 2004.

1. wangagat macrumors member

http://homepage.mac.com/okkibokki/iblog/B377254671/C1562811202/E1328488297/

what do you think of this rumor?

here's what I would want that device for:

I have an xbox for the gamer inside of me, as gaming was the only good reason for not switching. However, I don't have a TV set or an extra monitor so I've wanted to be able to plug the xbox into the powerbook. Yeah, I can use s-video with existing capture devices, but I wanted component inputs to get 480p and 720p (which the 15" is capable of)

ok, so technically, I haven't switched yet, although I've been wanting to for a long long time. Only problem is I don't have the money yet. So I'll probably have to wait 'til beginning of summer before purchasing.

However, I already know which model I want to get. A 15" AlBook /w superdrive and maxout RAM. Albeit, that might change if new laptops come out.

here's what I plan on doing /w the laptop.

I'm a drummer, so I'll be using a usb midi adapter /w GarageBand to fiddle around /w amateur music composition.

an M-Audio Sonica Theater for watching DVDs and surround sound.

I also have an ipod so that'll be plugged into the firewire 400 port.

damn I like using up all the ports...

Daniel

2. wangagat thread starter macrumors member

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

please don't bump a thread - if it doesn't get any responses that's the way it goes...

Interesting device...but I wouldn't get it until it proved itself for a while.

D

4. wangagat thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info Mr. Anderson. I am new and wasn't aware of that rule. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dan

5. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

"bump"? what the H does that mean?

6. wangagat thread starter macrumors member

when you answer your own thread, therefor "bumping" it back to the top of the forum page.

7. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

it means you make a post just for the sake of moving the thread back to the top.

nevermind. I didn't see that question was already answered. maybe I nned some sleep :)

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I don't think so.

This is a profoundly stupid rumor. Have you priced a HDTV tuner lately? I see them at prices up to $700. Apple rarely takes the position of loss-leader of any market that it enters. The whole thing seems so inelegant, so kludgey, so un-Mac-like. If they said that this was part of Gateway's MediaPC plans, I could accept it. Apple? Na-a-a-ah.