Play iTunes music on your Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by ddrueckhammer, Dec 26, 2006.

1. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

3. ddrueckhammer thread starter macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I tried this out but still haven't been able to get any sound to come out. I can view my iTunes library from the web address that the Dot-Tunes program streams it to on my Wii but when I play a song nothing happens...

Just a tip for anyone else trying to get it to work. You probably need to open up a port on your OS X firewall for this to work. I just turned mine off for testing purposes and was able to log in using the local IP address provide by the Dot-Tunes program. From Safari I can play all of the music from the main interface after logging in but from Opera on the Wii it says "plugin content" which I think means that you need a quicktime plugin.

The Dot-Tunes instructions I provided in the link above seem to indicate a work around for this by going into administration and creating a flash player on the site but the player still won't play music. I guess I am going to try to seek help on their forums or send them an email but even if I can get iTunes streaming through this method I'm not too fond of the interface. Eventually, this will be figured out but it seems like its pretty early in development....

UPDATE: I sent an email to Dot.Tunes support team for help. Their product needs major improvements and $30 is a bit much but I would like to see if it works at least...

Attached Files:

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I think it needs a QuickTime plug in...that what my Mac is used in FireFox to play them, and Opera for the Wii doesn't have it.

5. ddrueckhammer thread starter macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

There is also a flash player buried in the admin portion of the interface. I got an email back from the developers of the site and they are working on getting it working...The problems I am having hearing the tracks might be because most of my music is ripped in AAC. I'm gonna try to play some MP3 tracks and will post back...

Update: I got it to work! It still is finicky on what songs it will play and I'm not sure what the difference is but I emailed the developer and they are working on it. I also asked if they might be able to offer the flash player out on the main page instead of the quicktime one as well. If you have any questions email Jeff at team@dotpod.net as that is who has been responding to my emails.

6. DOT-POD macrumors newbie

DOT.TUNES Update

Hi all,

Jeff here from DOT.TUNES

I am working around the clock to make improvements to the DOT.TUNES Wii functionallity and I'll keep you posted on developments. We work on DOT.TUNES full time so you can expect constant updates and improvements.

I should mention that the issues we are all experiencing with the DOT.TUNES Flash player not playing all tracks is more to do with the Opera browser and Flash 7 than with DOT.TUNES. As you may have noticed the DOT.TUNES Flash Player works fine on your Mac via a web browser but the Opera browser is beta, it uses Flash 7 and has memory issues. The Flash Player attempts to pull the track and it fails and we have very limited debug info to track down if it is Opera or Flash which fails.

I am now working with the Opera developers to get it sorted.

Please keep me posted on your developments as any additional info will certainly help.

Thanks

Jeff
    http://www.dottunes.net