playing broodwar without a disk

Discussion in 'Games' started by Koree, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Koree macrumors 6502

Hey,

Remember that really old game called "Starcraft" that is so great? Well, ever since i got to Korea, i've been wanting to play it. :D I have it installed on my powerbook, but i need a disk! Or a smaller .dmg that'll let me play it without the disk. :p Any suggestions?

Koree

edit: i mean a small .dmg that'll let me play brood war ^^;;

2. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I'm sure .toast files work but I have never tired .dmg. Try it out (assuming you own a copy of the disc...)

3. Koree thread starter macrumors 6502

pretty dead disk... (its starcraft for petes sake, it belongs in a museum! :eek: )

thanks though ^^;;

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

5. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

I bought Starcraft and Broodwar the first day they were released. The upside was that I could play against everyone in the dorm on the first day but the downside was that the Mac version was not available. Recently I got the urge to play it again but I don't have my PC anymore so here I am with two Starcraft CD's that are useless to me with only my Mac. I called Blizzard and they said I could send in my CD's and they would send me two new ones that were PC/Mac compatible. Only thing was, they wanted $25 to do it. I got on eBay, newegg and froogle and found a Starcraft Battle Chest for $18 shipped so I did that instead. Broodwar by itself can be had for around $10. Fork over the money and get an actual useable copy instead of asking for a dmg on a public message board. Whatever your intents are, some people will assume that you are trying to priate software.

6. Koree thread starter macrumors 6502

For those who are assuming im trying to pirate it.... im not lol.... my broodwar disk currently has... holes in it... (you know the shiny part?) And im in korea so all the copies are PC only...