Playing PC games on My Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by JGreen2191991, Jul 23, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey I'm not sure but i was wondering if i should fork over 220 dollars for virtual pc for mac. It runs windows on you mac and i wanted to know if you could play pc games. I hope so. That way i dont gotta buy a PC

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yeah, Dont slam me if this has already been up. I just joined. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

4. macrumors 6502

Maclarny

No, you can not and will not be able to play PC games on a Mac. I just broke down and built myself a gaming PC. You can build decent ones nowadays for under 800 bucks.

5. macrumors demi-god

szark

Not quite true -- you should be able to play any games that do not require 3D hardware acceleration. They will be a bit slow, of course. ;)

6. macrumors regular

Virtual PC is mind-numbingly slow, due to the need to emulate a different processor. It also has no graphics acceleration. You could probably comfortably play 6- or 7-year-old games on a new Mac. If the games that come out for Macs are insufficient for your tastes, either buy yourself an XBox or a cheap PC.

7. macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Should have clarified. When I said games, I meant ones worth playing. :rolleyes:

8. macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Like pong?

I'm sorta getting pissed off that the Mac platform has very few games, I think I'm gonna break down and build a cheap PC.....

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

When Is VCP 7 Coming out?

10. macrumors 68020

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dont mean to nag but you link is wrong. You put in 2 http:// 's in there. But thanks any way.

12. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Lol

13. macrumors 68020

Sorry. Fixed now. Thanks.

14. macrumors 65816

Virtual PC 7 is due to be release shortly. It will definatly be here by the end of the year at the latest according to news articles that i've read. Most articles state the 2nd half of 2004. So not too much longer.

15. macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

What I don't understand is why they don't release the stand-alone version now. Microsoft doesn't need to wait for XP SP2 in order to create the stand-alone version. Yet they are going to release this verion after the other versions are released??? :confused:

JOD8FY