Playing video on top of everything

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crazycat, May 30, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

How can i play a video from itunes (video cast) ontop on my web browser or world of warcraft? I use itunes ontop of wow then i am playing so that i can change and pause songs while playing is there a way to do so with video?

I am on my pc fyi.

2. LastLine macrumors 65816

Consider this a bump :)

(Also used for me to subscribe to the thread because I want to know whtis too)

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

At the moment that feature only applies to when iTunes is in mini-player mode. I would also like to have that applied to video as I like to be able to watch the shows while doing something else but there isn't an option in iTunes (to my knowledge) that allows you to do that

4. x86 macrumors regular

x86

5. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

No way to do so in iTunes that I know of, but VLC allows you to set a "floating" video window (much the same as the floating iTunes mini-controller). Just choose Float on top from the video menu in the menu bar, and the video will on top of all other windows.

Since VLC currently handles just about everything Quicktime does, you could use it instead of iTunes for video chores.

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I don't know about your PC, but on your Macs you can use Trans Lucy. Version 2 just came out and is Universal. Looks to be very nice though I haven't tried version 2 yet. It is specifically made to allow you to play videos in a floating window above other applications, and you can change the transparency of the video too.