Playing video through firewire

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Coach B, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Coach B macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2007
    Central California
    I have the Canon HV10. It has a firewire (IEEE-1394) port for loading into my iMac, but I was wondering if this could also be used with my HDTV. I have a Pioneer Elite Pro-930 HD.
    This TV has 2 HDMI ports, but I am using them for my Directv and my DVD player. So, I am currently using the component cables, which are fine. But as I was scrolling through the input options on the TV I found a ILink option. Isn't this firewire? If so, could I possibly hook up my camcorder through this firewire and play a digital feed of my recordings?
    Hopefully my question makes sense.:confused:
  2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Jan 1, 2007
    Sorry I don't know but iLink is firewire
    so why not try it.

3. Multimedia macrumors 603

Jul 27, 2001
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    Why not? Let Us Know When It Works.

Why not? Question is does the TV know HDV or not? May only comprehend a DV out which you can change your HV10 to do. So if it doesn't work with HDV out try it with DV out but then revert to component. You're wasting you time BTW. That component input is as good as it's gonna get.

Why not tell us how much you love your HV10 instead of wasting your time?
  4. Coach B thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2007
    Central California
    Obviously I did not know I was wasting my time. I figured if firewire was good enough for uploading the video into my Mac then it should be good enough to view on the TV.
    I guess I thought wrong. Thanks BTW, for being so subtle.

The opinions are still out on the HV10. Wife loves it, and I am still debating.