Playlist - Delet without asking permission?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DEXTERITY, Jul 2, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

Greetings,

I hope someone can please help me. Is there anyway to set an option so if you accidentally hit delete while highlighting a playlist you are greeted with a prompt? I've had numerous occasions happen when I'm scanning through songs in a play list and removing certain songs that I accidentally delete the play list. To this day I can't figure out why one wouldn't be prompted (do you mean to delete) before the play list is actually deleted.

Thank you in advance.

2. macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

You're not prompted because you probably told iTunes not to do so. :) You can get the original warning settings back: iTunes Preferences -> select the tab on the right -> in the middle of the window it says something like "reset warnings".

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

appreciate the response. I never turned that option off :) I don't see a place to turn it on, nor to reset preferences. hmmmm sounds like such a simple problem to fix lol

4. macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Sorry if I haven't been clear about it.

If you delete a playlist, you're asked if you're sure about it. There's a checkbox where you can choose: Don't ask again.

To get that back, you have to reset the warnings here:

Preferences -> Advanced tab:

Attached Files:

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your time. My version must be cursed. I hit reset all dialog warnings and I'm still able to delete a play list without warning..

The sad thing is I looked in the advance tab and didn't see the reset option the first time around :)

I'm even able to delete a folder without warning.. I could have sworn there is no warning when deleting those. Only when deleting a song.

Do you get a warning message?

6. macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Strange, I always get the warnings, for folders and playlists – if they aren't empty. If there's nothing inside, they disappear right away.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is no working go figure.. Thats my luck :) I appreciate your time and help. Thanks for helping fix the problem! This will save me a lot of headaches.