Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimgad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Hi guys, I'd REALLY appreciate any help on what is probably a simple problem, but not being tech savvy, is doing my head in.
Wife runs a ballet school, and has an ipod video, which she has bought a docking station for. I've attached it to external speakers, no problem. Remote control works insofar as it will start stop volume up and down and pause. again, no problem.
What I CANNOT fathom, is that altho Ive prepared playlists of the exercises she needs to play in sequence for the classes.... as soon as i press play, it simply starts with the first of the 107 pieces of music on the ipod, and ignores the playlist.
I stop it....manually go into the playlist.....press play...and back it goes to the general list. I would be over the moon if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong!!! Many thanks
Jim

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I could be on the wrong track but by stopping it, do you mean pausing it? If so, then pressing play will simply resume where it starts. Try going to the playlists and pressing the middle button (if it's a click wheel model) on the iPod rather than play. This should start you in the playlist and from there you should be able to use a remote or use the pause/play function without leaving the playlist. :)

I could be way off though, I haven't used a remote with an iPod. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.