Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Im looking for an app that forces the playlists TO my iPod not from my ipod. For some reason, my iTunes only syncs my songs and not my playlists (even though I have it on the right settings).

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I doubt there'd be one. I had a look on Versiontracker and came up with nothing. :(

The problem is, there's really no need for such an app. What exactly is wrong with your iTunes to make it wanna update the tracks without the playlists? Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
mad jew said:
I doubt there'd be one. I had a look on Versiontracker and came up with nothing. :(

The problem is, there's really no need for such an app. What exactly is wrong with your iTunes to make it wanna update the tracks without the playlists? Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Im not sure exactly if anything is wrong with it. What happened is I ran out of room on my ipod, so iTunes gave me two options (1) update only the selected playlists (and nothing else) or (2) update everything else but no playlists. So I chose to have everything on my ipod, but now I have no playlists (which is stupid because the songs are physically there, a playlists is just a tiny file pointing to the song so its not like a plyalist takes up any extra room but whatever...)

The point is that, now I have no playlists on my iPod. So I need something that forces them onto my iPod.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
My iPod's too small so I update by playlists and then add a smart playlist on the end that is X gigabytes depending on how much free space I've got left after the playlists have gone across. Either that or the manual update is probably the best option.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
mad jew said:
My iPod's too small so I update by playlists and then add a smart playlist on the end that is X gigabytes depending on how much free space I've got left after the playlists have gone across. Either that or the manual update is probably the best option.

yeah, I guess thats what Ill have to do, but my point is, why? Why cant it just upload the playlists automatically?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Fair enough. Apple really doesn't account for umm... well endowed music libraries very well. It's like they've been listening to their own advertising too much and actually believe the iPod will hold all of your music. :rolleyes:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Problem solved - just use Senuti (iTunes backwards). It's a free tool that will copy music and playlists from your iPod back to your hard drive. It's handy to use if your HD ever crashes and all your music is on your iPod.

So there you go, piece of cake! :cool:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
mad jew said:
I'm not sure that'll help ~Shard~. I think we're after a program that manually adds playlists to the iPod but isn't iTunes.

Perhaps I didn't read his post well enough then and misunderstood. Regardless, Senuti is a great little app! ;) :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.