Playstation 3 by G5 = BAAD!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tucom, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

Idk why, this is the strangest thing, but ever since I moved my Ps3 near my g5, it's been having corrupted data, can't read the discs, etc. Now that I've moved it a good couple feet away, all is dandy =).

Has anyone else had this strange phenomenon happen to them? I've lost a good couple months of harde beat-Resistance-on-co-op-and-now-started-on-hardest-difficulty gaming because of this :mad:

Peace

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Were they plugged into the same power supply or anything? Maybe the G5 was sapping a lot of power and the Ps3 couldn't get all the power it needed to function normally. From what I hear, the Ps3 takes a lot of power to run - near what a computer takes. :confused: Maybe that's the culprit...lack of power?

3. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

Wow! Great theory! Never thought of that :confused: They are plugged into the same power strip, that is a nice, thick, heavy duty one. I honestly don't think that could be causing the problem, but sounds very probable!

Peace

4. darkwing macrumors 65816

This could be an interference problem of some sorts... for example, maybe the ps3 has poor shielding and noise from the g5 is going up one of its cables or something. (I haven't looked into how the ps3 handles shielding)

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

That could be but I don't think it's that likely unless the shielding is absolutely terrible or he basically had the G5 sitting on top of the cables.

6. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

Well thank you guys. The PS3 is working right now, so hope all goes well. Does anyone here know how to recover lost data? Your feet would be drenched with kisses if you could help me out with this one!

Peace

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Data Loss on the G5? If yes, try Disc Warrior. It saved my bum last month do to some corruption and did repair some of my files. It's a good app to have around regardless. But real data-recovery can get pricey and if you've used your HD quite a bit since that time, it's most likely lost.

<]=)

8. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

the way this is written, it is the PS3 that is having the problems.

if its the G5, its written incorrectly, i think.

9. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

Haha, nono, it's the PS3 save game files getting corrupted. All that hard work, lost! I'm really hoping some one here has some advice!

Peace