Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by JBot, Aug 2, 2006.

1. JBot macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    They have started taking deposits on the ps3, but i havent heard enough about it to put the money down just yet. I heard its 500$ for the 20g machine and 700$ for the 60g machine.
    What does everyone think of this console?

2. MS bulldog macrumors regular

great topic. i don't think this has ever been discussed on an internet forum.

3. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

BTW, you picture is pretty old. The new ones I have seen have it in black and that controller won't be used.

4. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

:D :D :D :D :D Classic

5. JBot thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    Its been pictured in all three. That is just the picture used on the advertisement at blockbuster, whom is collecting deposits now.

MS bulldog, sorry? Every topic has been discussed over the internet. I was simply seeing what the general consenses is from this board?

6. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Is there a thread on MacRumors about companies taking pre-orders on the PS3? If there are I haven't seen them. Thanks for the thread letting us know.

He's just grumpy because he knows his football team doesn't stand much of a chance this year. :D :D :D

(Sorry, I had to)

7. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Sorry, didn't realize it is being offered in different colors but the controller in the first pic is definately old.

I don't want to speak for everyone else but my personal feeling is that people want to like the PS3 but don't want to pay the pricetag. It will sell out during the launch period but after that who knows. I want one but like many others will wait for a price drop.

Many on this board are excited about the Wii because they don't have HD televisions so don't see an need for or want to pay for Blue-Ray. Also, the innovative controller, virtual console, and especially the price are compelling on it as well.

8. JBot thread starter macrumors 6502

Whats the controller going to look like? I saw promo pics on playstation.com having the old controller, just wireless. Is that what the controllers are going to be like?

9. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

I hear the pricing options are $499 (20gig) and $599 (60gig).
    It only comes in black (20gig) or black with silver trim (60gig)
    I might be wrong since many websites try to mix fact with specualtion.
    I have a feeling the Playstation 3 will see a price drop within a year of it's release.
    I jump on the bandwagon after the first price drop. That is when they start to harness the potential
    of a more powerful and capable system.

10. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

Yes...but it will also integrate some of the technology in the Wii controller (motion tilt sensitive).

11. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I will probably be buying a PS3 after the first price drop (I want one but it's a little on the expensive side). Plus, I want to wait a little to make sure all the cool RPG developers get on board with SONY for this generation. I also want to wait and see if it will offer stuff I can't experience already on the 360.

12. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

Final Fantasy 13 is absolutely beautiful! I love how defying gravity is a main part of the battle system. Characters pull off Matrixesque combo attacks.:)

13. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

It depends on how much spare money I have when the 2 PS3 FFXIII games are released :p

14. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Yeah. I'm a big FF fan but I don't like them equally. Somehow, the more medieval fantasy a Final Fantasy game feels, the more I like it. I liked the FF7 game mechanics but I didn't like the setting. I'm scared it will be the same with FF13 for me. FF12 looks interesting though.

15. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Hehe, I'm the opposite. Can't get enough of the Sci-Fantasy :D X-2 is my favorite of those I've played.

Just to keep this thread from becoming an FF discussion ground, is anyone else in the same position where there are 3 or 4 games that you must have, yet don't want to splash $600 on?

16. JBot thread starter macrumors 6502

Well im no rpg fan, more of a tiger woods, nhl, nfl, and most recently fifa on xbox. Im definatly going to get those main titles if i purchase this machine.

17. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    There's actually going to be THREE isntallments to the game. I know, I know. It takes 70 hours to beat just one of them, for christ's sake. Now we'll have to beat all 3?!

Anyway, I'll have the money here shortly once I get back on my feet, and then will save money to buy a few games and maybe a promo-girl to take home and wreck.

18. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

PS3 Images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hidden in these pics is the increased size of the system itself compared to the case shown with the "boomerang" controller concept.

Anyway, for those who didn't know... that is what the controller looks like. Familiar?

EDIT: Personally I wish they would have swapped the Left Thumbstick and D-Pad... *sigh*

19. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I'm with the people who are going to buy it after the first price drop. I'd pay 500 most definitely on launch, however, I do not want the 20 gig because I want HDMI and wireless for internet play. I won't get it until that price drops, and I AM a huge fan of playstation and a big supporter or blu-ray/HD media.

20. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Only 2 for PS3, though. One is a "mobile" game (not sure what that means - could be another phone game, could be DS, could be PSP)

21. sixstorm macrumors regular

PS3 is too pricey and not enough games to hold my interest. The XBOX 360, however, has been out for a year almost and has better games out now or coming out soon. In the end, I think that the PS3 will be forced to drop it's price or else it will suffer greatly due to competition against XBOX 360 and the Wii.

Don't be a fool . . . don't buy PS3.

22. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Considering there a tons of developer's making new games for the PS3, I'd like to see where your FUD is actual fact. Have you seen the list of games being developed and what they're about? The only thing foolish about it is NOT buying one.

23. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Mind linking those lists in this thread so we can all take a look?

24. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

The PS3 may be too much for about everyone, but the games that are coming out are AMAZING! Simply said, I wish I could get one, though I likely will get one when the PS4 comes out. :eek:

25. JBot thread starter macrumors 6502

Hahaha thats my dilema forsure.
    When the xbox came out, i put it off till this came out. Ive always been a fan of ps over xbox. I just dont want to blow the money on a console before i know everything about it.