Playstation Allstars Battle Royale

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by applefan289, Nov 13, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

Who else is getting this game? IMO, it looks good and we finally get to see a non-Nintendo Super Smash Bros.

2. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yeah I already have it paid in full but my time will be spent on PS Vita version which will allow me to play with the PS3 users...good stuff.

PS3-Vita cross buy is great.

Bless

3. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep I have it ordered. Not wholy interested as I find these two fast and two frantic for me to actually keep track of whats going on (same for brawl) but the cross-buy is what swung it for me.

4. macrumors regular

My roommates in college would play Smash Bros all the time...I tried it, but never really got it.

The only appeal for me is mixing all those characters together, but gameplay-wise, I don't think this format works for me.

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

I was really pumped for this. I've played it at a few expo's, and then the beta. I'm not a big fan of it. Maybe they'll pull something off at the last minute, but I just didn't enjoy it - it's not as good as Smash Bros.

Playing it I had no idea if I had to reduce their health to 0, or knock them off the stage. All we did was build up a counter and unleash a big attack which may or may not knock them off the stage. It's like if Smash Bros Brawl had walled-off levels and only Super Smashes could kill. There's also a huge lack of charm, the interface seems more like a bank's menu than a fighting game.

I want to like it. I like the Smash Bros formula and would love to see Sony's characters given the same high-quality treatment.

6. macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Games like these make me feel like I should develop ADD to compete.

7. macrumors 6502

omg this looks amazing!

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

Has anyone got it yet? How are you liking it?

9. macrumors 601

LagunaSol

Though I have a PS3, I can't support such a shameless ripoff of Smash Brothers (which I have for Wii). Cloning sucks. :mad: