Playstation Emulator for OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacDuff, Feb 22, 2003.

1. MacDuff macrumors regular

To any Playstation fans,

Okay, i'm using the Connectix VGS Playstation emulator to play my playstation games, but it only works on OS 9. (Not in classic mode, I have to restart my startup disk). So does anyone know if there is an upgrade to an OS X version of this emulator and where I could find it? Or is there another ps emulator out there for OSX?

Any help would be great. I love dem emulators...

peace.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

you mean a proper commercial PS emulator? there are other ones, but they're only like MacMame... dodgy and i don't know how to use them.

if anyone else knows a proper PS emulator for X, let us all know.;) :)

3. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

For the price of VGS, you can buy a playstation used on ebay with 2 controllers.

Sell VGS, get your 15 bucks for it or whatever, and go buy a real playstation. :)

4. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

5. Solidus macrumors newbie

The really small capital of Sweden - Stockholm
    Flarestorm

Yup, flarestorm is the only PSX emulator for OSX it will recieve a major update in a few weeks and...uh...well...read about it over at Hansi's: http://psx.emuscene.com/

Thing is you need a BIOS and a...uh...yeah...forgot what it's called...a code for the BIOS so you won't be able to run it if you do not own a playstation and a device to extract the PSX BIOS. Of which, I do not own the device thingy...so I took a surf around the boards on the net and found them pretty quick...you could always try mailing me...if you're less lucky.