Playstation Home Service!

Discussion in 'Games' started by fiercetiger224, Mar 7, 2007.

1. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This is what Sony needed to blow XBL out of the water, the best part is that its free :)

It looks awesome!

Sony had some awesome announcements this year at GDC, they definitely owned the show this year.

Ed

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Something to look forward to. I won't be buying a PS3 until at least later this year, so 6 months is a drop in the bucket. :)

<]=)

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

:eek:
    Wow...looks nice. Very promising. I like the billboard showing the Killzone guy with the "achievement" esque feature. Neat.

First comment said it best:
    Looks good so far. Again...wow. Never thought Sony'd pull something like that out of their hat.

5. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

It's a little early to decide that, with Nintendo's keynote not happening until tomorrow and all... ;)

6. mkaake macrumors 65816

I was pretty excited at some of what they saw, and I hope they can make it happen with the hype they're generating today. One thing that sort of bugged me about it though was the feeling that they're going to try and nickle and dime you into everything - constant mentions (at least in the transcripts I've read - I havent' seen the live event stream) of being able to 'purchase larger this, and purchase that' were expected, but really made it sound like they're going to try and charge you for anything other than the msot basic config.

Of course, I guess this is their way of recouping the fact that they're not charging a monthly/yearly fee, as people are willing to pay a buck to get a cool t-shirt, a larger apartment, or new walpaper.

So again, I'm excited, in that it looks like a cool system, but I long for the days when microtransaction was a word that people weren't familiar with. (And no, this doesn't mean I'm supporting paid subscription systems, or saying one console is better than all the others, etc.).

7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow...I'll hand it to Sony, that looks very cool.

Little Big Planet looks nice, not sure if its my kind of game yet but the graphics look good.

Maybe Sony can pull something off this generation yet...of course hopefull Nintendo will wow is tomorrow, and when MS goes then can wow us to.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh dear. I loved the sound of it, back then I didn't know they were being literal with "a room". I hope there's to be a streamlined version without the filler. Smash Bros Melee style achievement trophies, not bad.

10. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I like it a lot. Not soemthing I'd personally be using but I see the appeal. I hope it all stays free. (i.e. please do not microtransaction us for new pairs of virtual shoes or haircuts)

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It wouldnt surprise me if sony charged for this eventually. As for blowing Xbox Live out of the water ! I will wait and see, but I fear this could just be an over complicated solution to a simple problem.

I just want to be able to send messages and invites whilst gaming and check my gamer score now and again. This whole lobby HOME thing looks great but I have no doubt it doesnt run whilst your playing a game and therefore it could end up nothing but a pretty novelty GUI .

And I'll still be left having to exit a game to check a simple message... :eek:

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Exactly. It's filler and I sincerely hope there's a much clearer way of running this.

Reminds me when some random company created a 3D desktop. Everyone who didn't think too much about it screamed in joy, because it was 3D and all.

13. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Nintendo isn't annoucing anything because of the stock sale.

14. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

looks very The Sims-esc to me, promising as well. :D huzzah.

15. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

16. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Amazing! Finally something that will make the PS3 even better! Best of all, it's free, unless you want to buy extra clothes from the store.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

... You're joking.

Right?

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Looks cool. Well at least they are trying to bring something fresh to the table while building on things in place today.

Bless

19. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Wow that does look cool. Score 1 for Sony. Still I can't help but laugh, when I think of having an actual room as part of the operating system. It reminds me of Microsoft's Bob...

20. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Wow. That looks pretty awesome. It seems like a Sims game. :)

21. bmb012 macrumors 6502

Sounds like too much work just to play multiplayer games to me.

Ya know, guys, most people out there think the whole 'second life' thing is kinda creepy... Does Sony really want to attach that stigma to their system?

22. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Second life is a full of explicit adult content...I doubt Sony would allow that on their platform...Oops...Hot Coffee...

23. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

yeah but it's very sims like, and isn't the sims the most popular PC game ever?

24. RMD68 macrumors 6502

It looks like an amazing concept. After playing WoW and the Sims for a while I think I'll like the feel of the home environment. With being able to interact with the other players like that it may be a good way to form a bit of an online community like on WoW and will help in aiding a bit of friendly(hopefully) competition. Sounds like a great deal and may put Sony over the top again. Best of all it's free! I may be a little bit biased because I just got PS3 today but it still looks like a very cool idea.