Please advise me on my first iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by masterofstr3, Nov 22, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dear reader,

Starting as a 12 year old kid with a windows pc i have seen allot( am 20 now). Windows crashes, crappy software everywhere! virusses ect ect. Also my phone, piece of crap plastic, i just wanted something else. I had to travel allot for school so i bought a ipod, 1 year later the ipad came out and i bought the second gen. Now i just got my new iphone and i am getting fet up with the piece of crap windows pc that i have now.

Where do i want to use my pc for:
    - gameing so now and than.
    - photos
    - internet ofcourse

My question is that if i bought the 21,5 inch imac with 8GB Ram and standard video card. Would that be good enhough for playing a game? or do i really have to upgrade the video card?

Sorry for my english, am dutch. Hope the imac will come out tomorrow:D

2. macrumors member

I sure bet you've seen a lot!

Yes, you can play "a game" with the 21.5". In fact you can play a lot of games on it but probably not on the highest settings, but that depends on which games you're playing.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

COD mw3

say like i want to play Call of duty mw3, would that be possible with the the 8 gb RAM and standard video card? because if i read the specs on the video cards it tells me its not that good, but i know that apple can get more out of this card than windows, but howmuch more.
    I dont really need maxed out settings but i just want to play the game on a normal "allright" setting

4. macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Yes, the base iMac will be able to run COD mw3. You may have to turn the settings down a bit to make it run smoothly. But if gaming is a big deal to you, then Macs are not a good choice.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

games

I know that. But still i think i take the risk and still go for the imac :D

6. macrumors member

Shouldn't be a problem to run MW3 on medium to high settings at 60 fps. It's an old engine that doesn't really require that much.