Please come together to introduce yourself to the community!

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Jun 17, 2002.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

The past few months macrumors has gained many new members, many of which have missed out on a lot of discussions. Some of us have been here for a pretty long time now and have gotten to know each other more personally than expected, but some recent events have seemed to create a wall between those who are longer standing & those who are still a bit newer to the community.

So to try and bridge the gap a bit, I decided to create a new thread on an old topic. For anyone who wants to participate, why don't u give a brief bio so that everyone can see who u are and hopefully get to know some of u better. Last week's good intentions created more heat & annoyance than anything else, so hopefully we can fix it by acting like one community again rather than one group against another...

I'll start off:

I'm 24 years old, live in New Orleans, Production Artist for a printing company, amateur photographer, and I've been a member of macrumors for about a year & a half now... :D

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

hi

Im 13 and I am a student, and an atlete...

4. spuncan macrumors 6502

hey why not no need to be anti-social

Im 14, 15 in August. I live in a suburb of Detroit called Grosse Pointe. (You may remeber it from "Grosse Pointe Blank", or Grosse Pointe from WB) I've been a member for a year now and I'm post iregularly thats why my post count is so low compared too eye who only has six more months. I will be going into sophomore year in late august. I'm interested in Audio (Peak, Protools) and 3D animation (Maya, Poser). I just got into 3D but I've been into audio for a while. Hmm Well my first mac was and Apple II back in 93'. That kind of came out like a profile for a dating service :D :rolleyes: :D
    ROTFL LMAO Mcrain

5. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Hey! I am Mike and am a 25 year old owner of a small design firm in Pittsburgh, PA called Moxie Creative (www.moxiesite.com)

When I am not working 15 hour days, I like to make music and have been bitten by the Reason/Cubase/anything NI bug. Diggin' on some good techno and ambiant house as well as british rock, indie rock and alt stuff.

I do some photography in my spare time and also help organize FLUX, a multi-media art party in Pittsburgh PA. Check out www.fluxpgh.com to see what the FLUX is up. :) :)

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hello!
    My real name is Jamie, I am 18 (and a half :)) and live in on the outskirts of London, England.
    Since the age of 16 I have worked in Morgan Stanley, Canary Wharf in an IT Support role...sadly supporting around 8,000 peecees, as you can imagine, it keeps me busy! Damn m$ & compaq :p
    I was first into PC's when I was around 13-14, and have only fairly recently (around a year) 'discovered' the wonder of the Mac, and I must say I'm loving it so far :D
    Well, that about it, that's me :cool:

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I won't give my real name to protect the guilty... I am a cruel, heartless bastard that doubles as a Mac/pc tech by day. I have to put up with many ID 10T errors from the user community at work, so don't get me started. You wouldn't like the feeling you get when I am finished. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

8. iGav macrumors G3

My real name is Gavin and I am 24........ except on Sundays when I like to go by the name Gavina and dress up in womens clothes........ ;)

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I THOUGHT that was you... LOL!! :D You make a worse woman then eyelikeart does. :eek:

10. iGav macrumors G3

*sobs*............

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

12. iGav macrumors G3

When I've finished waxing my legs........

13. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...

Alpha...uh....thanks?! :D

anyway...I hate to sound like a party pooper...but let's try to keep this one to the topic so the newbies & less active posters can get in on the fun... ;)

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

...fair enough...:eek:

15. MacOBSaxed macrumors newbie

Hello all
    I just signed up today, but have been a Mac faithful since college (class of '90 - yikes, that makes me the oldest in this thread of those who've mentioned age so far!)

I'm an Obstetrician by day (and night :) ), and at other times a saxman by night. I live in the 'burgh as well, but I'm getting ready to move cross country to N. Cali to work for the Air Force. Actually I won't be too far from One Inifinity Loop - maybe I'll get to see the big man himself someday!

I run an old iMac DV 400MHz and a Pismo 500 MHz - bidding my time for a move to a G4 or better?????

16. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I am Ensign Paris, from the Federation Ship Voyager, no really I am.

I originally come from East Grinsted (http://home.btconnect.com/C-R-Wickenden/index.html) but I currently live in Yorkshire (Not my choice)

I love my country but someday I want to live in Calafornia.

My website will be at http://www.brooklineuk.com/guywickenden/

It is not complete yet, and most of the text is complete gibberish but things will get better :)

I am 15, 16 on 31st October.

My musical tastes are pretty much anything, this includes Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Ozzy, Our Lady Peace, Edvard Greig, Moloko, Dire Straits, QUEEN!, Brian May.
    Ensign

17. ponyboy macrumors regular

I'll sound off. I have been around a while but have just really only started posting, I'm 28, bachelors degree in History, Professional Photographer, portrait/wedding by day art by night, who wishes he could transtate the art part into the income source... I spend my summers in Italy and my winters in Salt Lake City to feed my two obsessions Italian women... er culture and snowboarding(13 years)

18. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

damn...summers in Italy...how does one swing that??

I'd like to make photography part of my income myself, any suggestions? I have my work up on a site called www.istockphoto.com which I actually get 5¢ per download...if anything it's exposure... ;)

19. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Alright, since I come here almost everyday... I'm 25 yrs. old. Live on the beautiful, yet boring island of Maui, Hawaii. I work in Television Production. I do some photography when I'm not in the studio. My favorite program has to be Adobe Photoshop. I grew up with Apple in the schools, my first Mac I bought was the Performa 6320. Now currenlty an iBook 500 Dual USB.

20. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Hi,
    I'm a 25 year old Data- Junkie. I'm doing Architectural drafting currently but don't let that fool you. I've sold tropical fish, worked for a mac-only retailer, done the video rental gig, done the specialty coffee gig, I've done a lot of Theatre tech in Lighting, sound, stagecraft and makeup design. I've been using Macs exclusively for over 10 years and loathe the idea of using Wintel by choice. I've learned to be a VERY compitant Mac-techie in the last 3 years and I can troubleshoot most issues.

I'm currently working with Dukestreet, Teabgs, D0ct0rteeth, Eyelikeart and others on an online Gaming concept that can be found at www.crystalspheres.net

I'm hoping to get the game up and making money so we can all retire to Kauai and do game sysop work from hammocks via TiBook and Airport. ;)

There may be some time spent in San Diego first but we'll see! :D

Oh, I've been on the boards for about a year and I've been studying Apple's design strategy from VERY close to Cupertino for about 3 years.

21. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Hi. I'm Queen Mum's Boy, and have a serious addiction to butt-kissing.

Ok fine, i'll tell the truth.... I'm Perran, 21 years of age. I study maths at QMW in London, although at the moment i'm in Aachen, Germany, as part of the Erasmus scheme. I've been part of this forum for about 9 months now, and am officially addicted :D

22. sjs macrumors 6502

I am older than any of you, as far as I can tell, with kids and so on. I am an Investment Advisor. Bought an iMac just 7 months ago and I don't know enough to make intelligent posts so I just make conversation and occasionally annoy Alpha.

23. The Bender macrumors member

The Bender is apparently a bit of an oldster at 30. He's a research chemist with a leaning in the nanotech direction. Last year he got into the papers for developing a new way to make custom PCBs with a regular laser printer, but nobody was dumb enough to invest in it. Consequently, he is now working with a small startup developing a next generation optical disk.
    He is typing this on his venerable iMac/A, but is expecting delivery of a delicious TB800 within the next few weeks.:D :cool:

24. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I am 31, (32 on June 21) and have Bachelor's degrees in EET and IT, currently working as an Electronics Engineer. No wife, no kids. I am an amateur photographer and am also interested in 3D graphics/animation.

A longtime Windows and UNIX user, I was seduced by the power and look of OS X when it was still in beta, and purchased a Cube. Haven't looked back.

eye: great photos! That's an interesting site -- I'll have to look at it more later.

25. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I am 23, and I just graduated from college with a degree in computer art/animation--and am working for a local place doing a pilot for an animated series. Im also looking for 3d/animation work in LA to move me and my fiancee there after we get married.

Everything is really up in the air though.

Oh, and I think JeffHatfield still holds the 'oldest MacRumor' member title