Please critique my new site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by iostream.h, Jan 5, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

http://menuetapp.com/index.php

I haven't yet launched, so the download link won't work yet. But please tell me what you think! :D

EDIT: So you can try the coupon box, one current coupon is MACWORLD-2

2. macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Not really a critique per say, but just wanted to say that it looks really good. :)

3. macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Looks great on Firefox, but on IE :eek: it has a border around the edge where it is meant to be transparent.

Love the Buy and Coupon links where is dims, very nice.

::20ROGERSC::

4. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

very nice and soft on the eyes. i like the brush metal look well the plastic look to be exact

Bless

5. macrumors 604

kretzy

The site looks great! Though I have noticed that when I click on the Somatic and iTunes theme screenshots directly from the mainpage, no cross appears to exit the dashboard like layer. It does appear when I click on the Garageband theme image though. I'm using Safari so I thought I'd check with Firefox, and the same thing happened.

6. iDM
    macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Site looks real clean which is a definite plus in my book.

7. macrumors 65816

haiggy

That site loooks pretty good! Keep up the good work!

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for alerting me to that. I've fixed it now :)

9. macrumors member

Sam/B

Really nice that, love how the coupon feature works very classy. If it were me I would have preferred it to be a little bigger personally, I love websites that are section in the middle (great designing them too because it's so much easier getting them to work on all screen sizes) but I would have liked it a tad bigger, maybe an inch either side at the most?

Also the black that you've used on certain pages i've always liked to designs pages where i've needed a dark background by selecting the black in photoshop and dragging the marker down just a tad so that it's not a solid black, it'll still be black but a smoother easier on the eye shade of it. It probably wont be a web colour that way but might be close enough to work.

the menu or the buttons I might be tempted to make the rollover a little more noticeable (just a tad) when I clicked on certain things I had to click twice to make sure it was selected as nothing happens for a few seconds liek the downloads section. Certain things like the music thingy you got going on because nothing happens when you click it that throws you off a little. The rollovers dont seem to work atall on i.e

A home button might be a good idea aswell.

good job with it though.

Dunno if this helps but this is how it looks in I.E on windows:

click to open full size:
    [​IMG]