Please critique my new site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by iostream.h, Jan 5, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 4, 2004
    Albuquerque, NM

I haven't yet launched, so the download link won't work yet. But please tell me what you think! :D

EDIT: So you can try the coupon box, one current coupon is MACWORLD-2
  2. macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Not really a critique per say, but just wanted to say that it looks really good. :)
  3. macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2005
    Brighton, UK
    Looks great on Firefox, but on IE :eek: it has a border around the edge where it is meant to be transparent.

Love the Buy and Coupon links where is dims, very nice.

4. macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    very nice and soft on the eyes. i like the brush metal look well the plastic look to be exact

5. macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    The site looks great! Though I have noticed that when I click on the Somatic and iTunes theme screenshots directly from the mainpage, no cross appears to exit the dashboard like layer. It does appear when I click on the Garageband theme image though. I'm using Safari so I thought I'd check with Firefox, and the same thing happened.
  6. iDM
    macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Site looks real clean which is a definite plus in my book.
  7. macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    That site loooks pretty good! Keep up the good work!
  8. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 4, 2004
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks for alerting me to that. I've fixed it now :)
  9. macrumors member

Dec 31, 2005
    Newport - South Wales
    Really nice that, love how the coupon feature works very classy. If it were me I would have preferred it to be a little bigger personally, I love websites that are section in the middle (great designing them too because it's so much easier getting them to work on all screen sizes) but I would have liked it a tad bigger, maybe an inch either side at the most?

Also the black that you've used on certain pages i've always liked to designs pages where i've needed a dark background by selecting the black in photoshop and dragging the marker down just a tad so that it's not a solid black, it'll still be black but a smoother easier on the eye shade of it. It probably wont be a web colour that way but might be close enough to work.

the menu or the buttons I might be tempted to make the rollover a little more noticeable (just a tad) when I clicked on certain things I had to click twice to make sure it was selected as nothing happens for a few seconds liek the downloads section. Certain things like the music thingy you got going on because nothing happens when you click it that throws you off a little. The rollovers dont seem to work atall on i.e

A home button might be a good idea aswell.

good job with it though.

Dunno if this helps but this is how it looks in I.E on windows:

click to open full size: