please don't tell me I have to send it in (iPod skipping the last parts of songs)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by misterman8, Dec 12, 2005.

1. misterman8 macrumors member

Jul 18, 2005
    I have been perusing the boards and can't seem to find this specific problem so I am going to post it hoping this hasnt been covered too many times before.

About a month ago my 20 gig iPod color that I got in august started acting funny. it isn't skipping songs or skipping in the traditional way. it is skipping the last half or third of songs. It will only happen on one song (i.e. not track after track of half songs, but randomly) I have tried a clear/reset. I have tried re-rippign the songs, though it doesn't seem to be associated with any particular songs. Recently (this weekend) it started "skiping" just prior to actually prematurely moving on to the next track. I don't think it has anything to do with the skip protection because it happens equally as often when I am moving or sitting still. If anyone has a solution other than to send it in I would be so happy.
  2. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Unfortunately to me, it sounds like a hardware issue, which will require it being serviced by Apple.
  3. hookahco macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2005
    To Live n Die in L.A. California
    i suggest you take it to an apple store.. maybe something is wrong with the software but otherwise you and your iPod will be separated for a while..
  4. Qianlong macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2004
    Skipping may occur when the HD is almost "too" full!
    You should leave at least a 100 or 200 mb of free space on the HD.

if that's not the issue bring it back for a check up.