please help! 10.4.6 problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dredakiss, Apr 7, 2006.

1. dredakiss macrumors newbie

After installing the 10.4.6 update, my computer began acting up in two very annoying ways.

1) After the computer wakes from sleep, airport is unable to find a wireless network. I tried using different base stations with no luck. When I restart the computer, the problem is solved up until the computer goes to sleep again.

2) .dmg files won't mount, and I get an error message that states that "the following disk images failed to mount" and the reason given is "device not configured" (no mention of which device). I can't reinstall 10.4.6 or .5 (or anything else) because of this problem.

I am on a Ti Powerbook with an Apple airport card that I installed, and its always worked fine. Please help, I am really unsure about how to fix this. Thank you

2. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I have the exact same problem as you, see here.

I ran Disk Utility and repaired my disk. It mounted dmg's for about 25 minutes and then stopped, but maybe that'll be long enough for you to to downgrade to 10.4.5.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

4. dredakiss thread starter macrumors newbie

Resetting PRAM or running disk utility (from both the computer and tiger install dvd) has no effect. Any other help is greatly appreciated!