Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WebKat5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
Ok....

I tried to install NeoOffice...pretty sure that was a mistake....

It did seem to install properly (left an icon in my app folder), but it won't run or start up in any way...

The real problem is that I now have an alias of my hard drive (icon with an arrow) located in my hard drive files.

Also, when I shut the computer down and rebooted, it seemed to be trying to find the hard drive (which it did) but it did search my external zip drive (which, luckily, was empty).

What steps can I take to take me back to the way things were before attempting the installation??

I hope you can help!! Any other info you need, I will quickly provide!!

Thank you in advance!!

Running: :apple: iMac 1GHz PowerPC G4 with 10.3 (Panther).

Addition:

I realize this might be a stupid question and if it were simply a folder, I would drag it to the trash and not think another thing about it. But I just want to MAKE SURE I can drag a hard drive alias without causing any issues.....

Not sure why this appeared, probably a glich with the NeoOffice thing, but really want to be reassured.

Thank you....

deni

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2007
The real problem is that I now have an alias of my hard drive (icon with an arrow) located in my hard drive files.

Come again? You'll have to be more specific. Exactly, in which directory of your hard does this alias exist, and was it not there before you installed neo office? I don't understand why an alias of your hard drive would cause startup delay.

And yes, it is safe to delete any alias.

WebKat5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
Well...

The alias appeared directly between my Library and System folders on my HD.

I did drag the alias to the trash already....haven't emptied it yet...

WebKat5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
I should add

I should add that while the alias posed no real problem, the idea that it appeared bothers me....that is where my concern lies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.