Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
Well long story short, my little brother threw his iPod at my wall because he was mad. It was the 3rd generation iPod Nano. Hours later when he was calmer, he tried to listen to music and it sounded distorted. And also it was really hard to connect the headphones to the iPod. Also, when I tried to restore, the iPod cable wouldn't connect fully so I can't restore because it is messed up. And so I requested a service request online. And they had me pay about $32. And I don't know what I paid that for. It said "shipping and handling" and tax. So if they don't wanna fix it since its obviously my little brothers fault, will they return the money? Or not? And would they give me an estimate as to how much the repair would cost or did i pay the $32 for that?

Please any help is appreciated. I might have just lost $32. :(

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
it would be helpful to know who you paid? Also, if you don't know what you paid for why did you pay for it? Next time I would understand what you are paying for when you click pay!

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
it would be helpful to know who you paid? Also, if you don't know what you paid for why did you pay for it? Next time I would understand what you are paying for when you click pay!

I paid Apple. I don't know why they made me pay that amount for a service under the one year warranty. But if they fix it I don't really care. :(

I just clicked Submit because I wanted the iPod to be fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.