Please Help! Broken power adapter connector

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by potuncle, Jan 13, 2004.

1. potuncle macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2003
    The connector (the thingy that plugs into the computer) on our PowerBook G4/450's power adapter broke. After much Googling I still cannot find anywhere to just buy the connector. We really don't want to have to pay +$50 to replace the adapter, when all we really need is the connector.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Dec 10, 2002
    What broke on it?

The sleeve that fits over the part that plugs into the powerbook broke on one of my adapters (it just slid off). Just a little superglue fixed that.
  3. potuncle thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2003
    The tip of the center conductor broke off when laptop was dropped. The connector was, fortunatly, the only thing broken.

I'd really like to find somewhere can get just the connector.
  4. jtown macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2003
    Thank Apple for not using a standard coaxial power plug. :)

I recently saw an external battery at electrovaya with options for Apple adapters. I think the price for the adapters was $30. You could just snip the wires and splice it onto your existing adapter.

Products, PowerPad Accessories, Cables. I think it's A91 on Page 2. (I can't put in a direct link because of the way they designed their site.)

If you can get a power supply for $50, I suggest you go that route. And tell the rest of us where we can get them so cheap. :)
  5. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    I'd count myself lucky if I dropped my PB and only did $50 worth of damage to it!