please help! canon bjc80v

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by noises, Mar 19, 2003.

1. noises macrumors newbie

i have an old canon bjc80v printer but can't locate os x drivers for this printer. it has a parallel port and i was going to buy a parallel to usb cable & connect it to my iMac, but...

some guy in the apple store japan said that this printer is not supported. is this really true??

the canon website is all greek to me & i'm hoping that somebody here can help me.

thanks.

2. noises thread starter macrumors newbie

no reply; please help

annnnyyyyybody?!

i'd still really appreciate some help.

3. awulf macrumors 6502

Re: please help! canon bjc80v

It is probably true that this printer isn't supported. Unless there is a driver, it won't work.

Info on your printer

And it doesn't look like there are any OS X drivers for it.

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

5. noises thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you

sorry i'm a complete newbie, but big thanks for your replies & help awulf & king cobra: i've emailed canon usa tech support (couldn't find the link before, but thanks king cobra), & ever hopeful, i've sent this message:

<<i have a purchased a bjc-80v here in japan and am looking for drivers for mac os x. on your site there is a mac os x driver for the bjc-85. i was told by the retailer that the only diference between the 80 and the 85 is that 80 is a parallel port whilst the newer 85 is a usb port printer.

i can purchase a 'keyspan' usb to parallel adapter, but before i do so can you tell me whether the bjc-85 mac os driver will support this printer? again, i'm told that they are essentially the same printer yet with differing ports.

please advise,

blah blah.>>

again, thanks very much for your time & help. i will post here if/when i recieve a reply from canon. as a footnote, retailers here in japan are reaaaaaally reluctant to fully refund returned products, otherwise i'd just go buy the adapter & test the driver myself.