Please help; cant get BF2, or Full Spec. Warrior to work on my macbook!?!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ljump12, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ljump12 macrumors 6502

I installed windows through bootcamp, and everything seemed to go fine and whatnot.... works well...

So i installed FSW, and when i try to run it; it comes up with a box that says Direct3d - Create Device Failed... I think its becuase its an integrated video card; not sure; at any rate is there a workaround to get it to launch?

Secondly... I heard battlefield 2 runs well on a macbook, so i installed that... Installed fine, put the cd in; hit play BF2... It loads up the half screen BF2 image, then goes to launch into the game, Goes full screen black for about half a second... Then crashes back to desktop, no error message or anything.

Please help did you guys have to change any settings, or reinstall anything??
    Im using the base macbook, upgraded to 1.25 gigs of ram (added a gig stick.)

Thanks!!

2. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

First...

Don't you mean you have 1.5 gigs os ram?? I'm sure the macbooks come with 512 MB ;)

Secondly...

While I do not have a macbook, I DO have a WINDOWS laptop with integrated graphics. When NHL 2006 came out, I went out buying it after seeing my EXACT INTEGRATED graphics chip as 100% fully supported. Well, I install, and after it begins to load, black screen then to the desktop with no error :mad: I looked at message boards online just to find everyone with my graphics card had the same problem. Just my luck, the store would not let me return it, and I bought it for gamecube, so I bought the game twice......Moral is, don't trust the integrated graphic chips

3. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

there has to be a workaround... :( anyone?

and no i meant 1.25...

The macbook has 2 memory slots; each with 256 memory... (512 total) replacing one 256 with gig; leaving 1 gig +256.... well really a total of 1.28gigs but yea.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I got the bf2 demo to work once or twice, but then it did exactly the same as you are describing.

There are workarounds I believe if you go over to their support forum there are loads of people in similar boats...

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

even if you get it working it'll run like crap as your running your memory with a non matched pair so no dual channel which has a huge effect on graphics.

6. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502