PLEASE HELP! Can't Install Lion 10.7

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Carlos-Pr7, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Jan 24, 2011
    I am on Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 3, Trying to install Developer Preview 4, but this annoying message shows up on the Installation App. ( As some of you may know, 10.7 instalattion will not run installer, It will run an application named "Install Mac OS X" ).

The Message it tells me is “Please Use System Preferences to fully disable FileVault on each encrypted Volume before Installing Lion Developer Preview 4. File Vault can be re-enabled after instalattion.” The thing is, File Vault is already turned off.

I Tried closing the application and opening again. I am afraid that this means I wont be able to run the full version Of Lion.

I really need help. Please Help Me. There are two screenshots. One screenshot is the message that it shows me, the second screenshot is filevault being already off.

Please help me install it. (I Am not interested in the Full Version Yet. Please tell me how to "FULLY DISABLE FILEVAULT ON EACH ENCRYPTED VOLUME"

Attached Files:

2. macrumors member

Jul 16, 2011
    Seeing as you're obviously not a developer and have no business using a dev preview, i would say the safest bet to fixing your problems is backing up your data and buying Lion for a measly $30 like most people.
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2011
    buy it! you got caught out by how cheap you wanna be
  4. Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    As others stated, purchase Lion, or if you're a developer use Apple's developer forum to resolve your problem. Either way I don't think discussion on the developer preview of Lion is appropriate given that the full version is released.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.