Please help...crashing issues! Safari/Mail/Disk Utility all crash.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by raptor96, Jan 3, 2007.

1. raptor96 macrumors regular

Nov 5, 2006
    So recently I started a thread regarding my Safari crashing often and someone responded that I might try repairing permissions. I did this as well as clearing the cache/history etc. on my Safari (just in case was my thinking). I posted to that thread that it seemed to have resolved the problem. However, of late I think the problem has gotten worse...

In fact, Safari has returned to crashing at random. Now however, Mail crashes (which it had done a few times prior to repairing permissions so that was an extant issue). And then when I went to disk utility to see if the SMART was verified and the HD was ok etc. and Disk Utility crashed! I'm starting to worry now because I just replaced the HD a few months back and now it's behaving weirdly again (the HD was done...and how.) Is there anything I can do to fix this? I know that I downloaded a lot of programs recently (I was doing the MacHeist thing so I got a bunch freely) and I know this could be related but is really possible that these programs are affecting my Safari/Mail when I haven't really actually used any of these programs?

Thanks for any advice!
  2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006