Please help, Is my iPod broke ?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ryan118, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Ryan118 macrumors newbie

After about a year of service and being dropped about 15 times or more i think My iPod 5g is dead. I decided to restore my ipod to its factory settings after i used iPodRip to take all the songs off it as it was a windows iPod and it had been used on our broken PC. After doing that last night it began to sync it after it had been updated and all. Crap.
    About half way there it got stuck on a song and the Hard drive made a 'grunt grunt grunt' sound then the iMac said device removal and all that crap.
    The ipod froze with the do not remove sign on it. I left it and woke this morning to find it working so i tried to put the songs back on it again. same thing.

Anyone know what has happened ?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Have you tried restoring it again?

...It does sounds like a Hard Drive failure though.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i agree that it's likely a hard drive failure, especially if you're hearing a "grunt, grunt, grunt...." maybe you could learn to be careful with future ipods, not dropping it 15 or more times? :eek:

4. Ryan118 thread starter macrumors newbie

:D

I just tried restoring it .. i am updating as i write this and everything SEEMS fine. I would be surprised if what happened was a hard drive failure .. It has dents in it from being droped so much.