Please help, JAVA question??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nospleen, Aug 28, 2004.

1. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Hello, my friend is trying to take an internet class. Safari will not open the page properly at all. Camino, Netscape, and Mozilla all say JAVA support is turned off. The weird thing is, the other day, I had it working on my mac. But, today when he came over to set his ibook up, his ibook would not work. I then opened Mozilla on my iMac to show him mine worked, and of course, mine had stopped too. (same error message.) What gives?? He is signed up for these internet classes that he cannot take without a PC. I feel bad because I switched him over and talked him into selling his PC. Please help me, help him!!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You do have Java turned on, right?

Attached Files:

4. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

Yes, java is turned on in Safari. Safari will not open it, but Mozilla did, and now it wont? Do you use ichat? I can give you the links and passwords there so you can help. LMK. Mine is emsdad@mac.com

5. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

JSW you are the FREAKIN man!!! This is why we love macrumors. :)

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Thanks! Just lucky. For those interested, it turned out to be another instance of the use of 'marginwidth="0"' and 'marginheight="0"' which, I believe, someone posted about earlier today elsewhere in this forum. By viewing the page source and cutting and pasting the intended URL for the site, all worked out OK. A hassle, but OK nevertheless.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Interesting. Glad it was bad page design.

I have problems with my school's administration system. It won't recognise that Java is active in Firefox or Camino but does work with Safari or Shiira correctly.