Please help - Macbook Bonjour service

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kapitalist, Jul 5, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello,

running an intel macbook 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, 320gb hd (leopard 10.5.7, itunes 8.2)

Problem: I just got a brand new iphone 3gs (I friggin love it btw), and I downloaded an app called Remote.app which allows a user to control itunes on a mac via their iphone.

The iphone and app work fine but Itunes is not picking up the device over the wifi network. I have scowered the internet for solutions so please dont post basic stuff like..."are you sure your on the same wifi network," or "check firewall settings" because I have turned off my firewall and itunes still doesnt pick up the iphone under devices to enter my remote.app code.

I did read that my computer needs bonjour service and itunes sharing running. I do remember when I first got my macbook I did not like bonjour running so i turned it off somehow!!! Ive downloaded the prefpane but I cannot get bonjour to work or show up or anything!!!! ive entered terminal commands to turn it on and i cannot even view it in Finder on the side bar!!!

Someone please help!! its soo frustrating. I dont want to have to format to get back to factory settings when snowleopard is right around the corner.

I need a step by step on how to get my itunes (assumingly via Bonjour over the wifi) to pickup my remote.app from my iphone!

2. macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Is this the terminal command you tried:

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

3. thread starter macrumors newbie