Please help me. Can't.......stop....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Abstract, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Here's the low-down. I bought a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts from a girl who was selling boxes of them for charity. As the philanthropist I am, I decide to buy an entire box even though I only wanted one.

In 3 hours, I have eaten a total of 6 1/2 doughnuts, and taken a 45 minute nap in between. I needed something to wash it all down with, so I opened up a box of wine (yes.....I said box) and am now downing boxed wine and doughnut after doughnut. I think I might finish the box by the end of the day. That's 835 kJ/198 calories per doughnut, multiplied by 12 doughnuts. Having 12 doughnuts would also my old record from when I was younger and more carefree.

Krispy Kreme? More like Krispy Krack! :mad:

*sits down and begins watching Final Fantasy Advent Children again.....with his boxed wine*

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Next time, do what I do -- just give them the money, and don't take the donuts. You've done a good deed without sacrificing your waistline.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes it's so hard to stop...

And as for the doughnuts... well, they'd just go to waist wouldn't they?

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

They have a store in the Mall of America (Minneapolis, MN) where they make them right in front of you. Talk about fresh! Those baby's melt in your mouth. Sorry, I'm not helping am I...

Hehe. Good one BV. Wouldn't want them to go to "waist" now would we? Oh, what the heck :D

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Renee Zelweger uses Krispy Kremes to gain weight for roles.

Just thought I'd add that :).

_Emerson

6. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Oh just reading about Krispy Kreme doughnuts is making me laugh right now...About a month ago the Krispy Kreme in my town shut down after like 40 years. It was the ONLY doughnut shop here too. Well the last day it was open there was a fight to get as many doughnuts as possible. I not kidding, the line was insane and this one woman ordered like 4 dozen right in front of me and I wondered if she was going to take them home and freeze them or something! :p Complete madness that day! :)

But anyway, I am sorry for how you feel right now! Everyone has their binges--my weakness is chocolate especially Reese cups!!--I could eat a million sometimes! Can you go workout or something to feel a little better?

7. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, but I don't normally get addicted to doughnuts. Chocolate is my favourite as well, especially if it's chocolate ice cream.

This isn't happening......8 doughnuts down, and I just drank a pint sized glass of boxed wine. It's quite sweet and fruity, and there's 5 litres of it. :eek:

And not to hurt her feelings, but it works too well sometimes. :p

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm pretty sure she's not a member here, but who knows. That girl is full of surprises.

9. Lau Guest

You're in too deep now. You have to finish! White or red, by the way? You might survive white, but 5 litres of red <sharp intake of breath> ;)

Do post later and let us know how you're getting on, wontcha? :D

10. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Later, if I post incoherently, you'll know exactly what happened. ;)

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

12. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

You have my sympathies, but sorry, I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.. :)

13. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

What stamina! Go for it, you only live once!

But seriously Krispy Kreme are really nasty (at least the ones here in the UK). I like mine freshly fried covered in sugar and cinnamon (like you can get at Camden market).

14. doumbek macrumors member

Not to start a flame war...But the DD kicks Krispy Kreme a**

Dunkin' Donuts rules..... woooo hooooo....... Just having a bit of fun with you.
    I'm almost in the same boat as you. I started my breakfast with a steak sandwich and beer. (yes I'm in PA).
    I'm not exactly a donut fan, but growing up in north east, nothing says autumn like homemade cinnamon doughnuts....

Anyways don't feel too guilty....in the immortal words of "Lost Horizon" "everything in moderation, including moderation".

15. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I agree than D&D is best but in the gainesville, they aint easy to find.

I live behind the Krispy Kreme, its about >1000ft away and on most days I can smell that lovely aroma, its heavenly.

But a girlfrend who works at another donut place farther away, hates that smell now. Sucks.

16. maya macrumors 68040

maya

KK doughnuts are deep fried in FAT. :eek: sick.

I have not tried them and don't plan on anytime in the future. I watch my healthy diet, thank you very much.

Now that box of wine, hmm....what type of wine Red or White, Sweet, or Semi, East or West....details.... ;) :D

17. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

18. Lau Guest

How's it all going? What's the wine pint count? What's the doughnut count? :D

19. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Send some of the doughnuts my way. Yummmmm.

HELL, send some boxed wine, too; I can't leave my house for the next few days.. :)

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I don't know. I've tried deep-frying things in stuff other than fat (Windex, water, ketchup, shampoo, etc.), and it never tastes as good as when I use fat. But that's just me.

21. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

And, by the way, thanks to you bastards, I went out and bought a box of chocolate-coated donuts for lunch. Thanks a lot. Normally, it's a salad in the caf. Not today. No. Freaking donuts.

Anyway, gotta go. Gotta clean the frosting off the keyboard. I wish it didn't look so tasty....

22. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Good Luck breaking that habit.

I flew the krispy kreme jet for 22 months (suck job) and gained 18 pounds (great product). I used to call them the Nectar of the Gods.

Little tip, take the cold ones and microwave them (one at a time as you eat them) for 6-8 seconds. Oh Yea Baby!!!

edit: i just hit submit and was back at the thread, just as JSW was changing his tar, I thought I had posted in the wrong thread, took me a minute! Been a hard week.

23. Lau Guest

:D :D :D

Are you kidding? Stuff fried in Windex is awesome.... :p

24. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

My Mac changes it for me. Ten minutes of the moon, one minute of a randomly selected Melissa Theuriau pic, then back to the good ol' moon. It's how I keep my weather data reasonably up-to-date.

25. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

But it removes all the tasty oils!