PLEASE HELP ME! (OS Classic Uninstall)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dejamoi, Oct 28, 2005.

1. dejamoi macrumors member

My little brother installed Classic from the OS X disk #2 to play one his old games on my Mac Mini, and now I don't know how to delete it. I've looked on the web but all their answers are EXTREMELY COMPLICATED as I know NOTHING about all that script stuff. Please, if anyone can help as to how to uninstall Classic I will be FOREVER greatful! If using that script stuff is the only way, could you tell me where to type it? Thank you!

Bobby

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I've always just dragged the System 9 folder to the trash.....can you still do that?

P.S. Don't try that unless someone else recommends it, I haven't messed with classic since 10.1 when I needed it.

3. dejamoi thread starter macrumors member

Tried It.. :(

I've tried that but it won't let me... :( Anyone else? :)

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

5. dejamoi thread starter macrumors member

It says...

It says (in a little window) You can't delete ... because it is required by the system. :S

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Will it let you drag to the trash though? Is the error just when you try to empty the trash?

7. dejamoi thread starter macrumors member

8. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

When I installed classic I was astonished at the fact that there wasint an uninstaller. Maybe someone could make an applescript to remove it.

9. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

10. castlesinthesky macrumors newbie

hi how do i run the apple script to do it?could i please be advised on this?

thank you!

11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

The file is in a ZIP file. Double-Click on it to extract the AppleScript from the ZIP. Now you can double-click on the AppleScript to run it.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: Now, I can't vouch for Laser47 personally but I don't think that it will wipe your computer or anything like that. Just one of the risks of the internet; no ill will towards you Laser47.

12. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

But... but... other than the few Mb it takes, what possible downside is there to leaving it on???

13. castlesinthesky macrumors newbie

i understand that its a risk i have to take but surprisingly the applescript doesnt seem to work it just just asks to start OS classic and that's it...doesn't seem to do anything else

it's really strange

anyway it's for my girlfriend, she just doesnt like the additional space it's taking up on her 12 inch pbook...was really hopign someone could help out on this

14. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

I just checked the zip file i put on the net, and the app file opens classic for some reason ( it didint on my ibook when i had 10.4.2). But if you have the zip just open the '.scpt' file and run it from the applescript editor.