Please Help Me PLEASE!!!!!!! (Strange Noise from Mac)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Houzi88, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Houzi88 macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2007
    My Mac is making this Coo sound at every hour and it is seriously killing me. :( I don't know what to do and I read someones that had the same problem and they couldn't really figure out what the problem was but he later said that it just stopped. I dont' think I can wait for it to just stop it is killing me and I've been staying up until 3am every morning trying to figure this out. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
  2. Houzi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2007
    Never Mind

I figured it out. It was a ****ing piece of **** Widget. If anyone get this Chinese Calendar Widget, DELETE IT. OMG, it kept me up for hours figuring out how to stop it and I deleted SOOOOO Many things to see if it was it and it was just a simple stupid widget. >_< I can't believe it. I am so Happy You don't understand Holy ****. Macs are the best though anyway.
  3. Peace macrumors P6

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier
    If it's doing that exactly every hour I'd suggest system preferences>date and time>clock then unselect "announce the time"

Guess it depends on what you mean by coo.
  4. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2006
    Mt Brook, AL
    HD spooling up+

My MacBook makes a "scoot" sound when the hard drive spools up, particluarly when I wake it from sleep. You didn't say what you were doing when it makes the noise, so it is really hard to trouble shoot.
  5. the kid 05 macrumors regular

Aug 11, 2006
    St. Charles Illinois (subdiv of Chi-town)
    wouldn't that be normal? it has to awake everything (music from itunes, messages from ichat/mail), right?
  6. acearchie macrumors 68040

Jan 15, 2006
    Why is everyone going on about...

Is it not me but in his second post it says hes figured out the problem...

It was a chinese new year widget he downloaded! lol