Please Help Me With Anti-Microsoft Effort

Discussion in 'Community' started by tocoolcjs, Sep 20, 2004.

1. tocoolcjs macrumors newbie

Please send me as many Windows XP Service Pack 2 CDs as you possibly can.
    You can order them free, and get them shipped free! (url at bottom of post) Just get as many as you can shipped to this address:

Chris Tech
    120 Deerfield Dr.
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

Use darthchrboiphisch@comcast.net as the e-mail and any random phone number.
    If it won't take "Chris Tech", put any name in.
    I'm going to have a lot of fun destroying these CDs!
    I'll even try to get a movie of my exploits online.
    For every CD you get sent to me, stick a post on this thread.

Also, any old PCs can be sent to this address as I love to take up hammers upon them.

https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-us/OM/CI/CustomerInfo.asp

or

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

Attached Files:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

What a stupid, pointless, waste of time. What are you 12?

3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

I'd say this is as dumb as the plan where the guy asked everybody to send him those AOL CDs so he can send it back to AOL.

4. tocoolcjs thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I'm just a wee bit crazy. Mad men work best alone. Hi ho its off to bash I go.

Just look at the pic edesignuk.

And I personnally applaud the AOL CD guy. I hate AOL too.

:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I've looked, now what?
    I hate AOL too. Would I ask people to send me all their CD's just so that I could send them back again? No.

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

edesign, I am disappointed. I was hoping for a funny picture showing how crazy this kid is. I know you have something you can post.

iJon

7. tocoolcjs thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops, forgot I had my face down in the pic. Now you'll be forever in question as to my identity.

And I wish I had thought to get people to send AOL CDs to me. It is a wonderful idea!

BTW CDs They'veCollected So far: 328,147

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Well, you tempted me...thanku! :D

[​IMG]

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm anti-capitalism. Just send me your money, and I'll make sure to destroy it.

10. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

Can people around here make it for an entire day of simply ignoring the threads they don't like, instead of making pointless, rude insults about the threads and their starters? I never thought such a thing would be so difficult...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I think your idea is pretty cool, I wouldn't have the time or be bold enough to do it for myself (plus I'd be scared of getting sued by Microsoft or something :eek: ), but if you want to then that's cool...I ordered one for you btw.

11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Send my your old PeeCees. I'll fix them up, and sell them to some poor hapless souls. Then I will use the money I make to buy new toys for my PowerBook. :D

Oh, and I am also anticapitalist.......... :p

12. makisushi macrumors 6502

Wow, you are really showing them. I bet they are having strategy meetings on how to quelch this uprising, right now! Bill Gates must be shaking in his boots.

And I must say that I love capitalism. "Show me the Money!!"

13. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

[sarcasm=high]while we're discussing this, could everyone send me their adobe cs, halo and ut2k4 cd's? i really hate adobe, bungie and whoever makes ut. i hate them so much i just want to rip and burn (and oh yeah, smash) their cd's. god how i hate them...[/sarcasm]
    you know, i bet that's his friend's home address and he just wants him to get all sorts of junk mail and windows cds

14. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Nice. :D

15. dotnina macrumors 6502a

If you really wanted to do something anti-Microsoft, why not start a web community of like-minded people? Why not make a list of why you don't like Microsoft, and post it online? There are more productive things you can be doing rather than burning CDs and giggling over it.

And just because people in this forum are pro-Mac doesn't mean they're anti-Microsoft ... at least, not anti-Microsoft in this sense.

16. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I disagree. tocoolcjs is an active demonstrator protesting against something he believes in. What's wrong with that? If you don't want to send the service pack 2 CD, don't.

Most people here have things they are against, yet most are silent. If someone is an activist, their voice exponentially more powerful. It's the people who speak out who change the way things are.

BTW *CD sent.

17. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Ditto.

Never mind that a SP2 disk could be used to...oh I don't know. Secure a computer with a functioning firewall and setup auto windows updates. You are one petty, petty person. If you were looking for people to hack on MS and Windows you came to the right place. If you were looking for people to support mindless pointless bashing, for the most part :rolleyes: , you came to the wrong place.

18. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

The diff was that had an actual point to it. At least MS isn't screwing the planet over with several million CD's that are prob getting thrown into the trash per year. AOL is basically doing passive littering. They send people this crap in the mail and then they don’t know what to do with the CD’s. I’ve had more then a few people at work ask me if these AOL CD’s are recyclable or not. Anyone know? I sure don’t.

19. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

You want to demonstrate. Take a sign that says Micro$oft $uck$! and sit on the road for a few hours and make a point. This act is mindless and pointless. It would be like Gandhi cracking watermelons in protest. Ummm right. Sure. Again you are basically keeping a patch that could secure a windows system out of the hands of a user. I agree with the second poster. Are you guys 12 years old?!?

20. makisushi macrumors 6502

HUH?!? He is protesting AGAINST something he believes in? I think you got that backwards, but I am no english scholar.

He hasn't even told what he believes or what he hates about Microsoft. I not sure why you are backing up a guy when you don't even know what his stance is.

There is a big difference between protesting and smashing things.

21. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

22. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

I second that motion.

23. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

Someone needs something better to do with their time...

Try sports.

24. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

25. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

yeah! it stands for extraordinarily pants!

and microsoft expect people to carry on using it til longhorn comes along! why?? because they don't have a choice!!

or do they? ;)