Please help me with Automater?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by boomtopper, May 2, 2005.

1. boomtopper macrumors member

boomtopper

Hi i have a few questions about automater. So i will start with the first one.
    I have a folder full of samples in aiff, wav, and mp3 format. I want to transfer the samples that are in mp3 format to another directory but i can't figure out how to do it with automater?
    The second question is. I have another directory full of samples in sub directorys and a lot of these samples are in read only format. I was wondering if you could create a automater script that would go through each sample and change it to read and write?

Thanx

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

first one is easy. create a new workflow

1. Library section, click Finder
    2. Actoin section, drag and drop Find Finder Items to the workflow area
    3. where? select the location of your mp3 files whose? extension contains mp3
    4. in the action section drag and drop move finder items to the workflow area under the last one
    5. to: select the directory where you want to move them to
    6. run

for the second i'm not finding anything that would change the permissions of the files.. maybe someone else can give ya info on that one

3. jhomayne macrumors regular

i've got a similar problem.

i have a USB key that i use to back up all my uni work and i've just copied my 'uniwork' folder from documents across to it and was wondering automator could automatically sync the usb key uniwork folder to the uniwork fodler on my ibook whenever i attach it?