PLEASE help me with Azureus

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thebiggoose, Aug 28, 2006.

1. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2006
    I've been running Azureus for a while and I've been getting at most 10 kbps...and I read somewhere that I should be getting more....yeha I'm a bt newb...I'm running it on my mac mini with a 2WIRE sbc router....I always get a NAT error and I don't knoww why...the azureus page couldnt help em cuz I didnt know what half teh words ment...can someone give me instructions on how to fix this
  2. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    1. 10kbps or 10KB/s?
    2. whats your bandwidth?
  3. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    You need to forward the appropriate ports to your computer. I can't help you with that particular model router, you'll have to use whatever help services are available to you. Azureus allows you to set the port that it uses (I think it picks a random one the first time you run it)

The Azureus Wiki explains all the terms used. If you can't understand from there, I don't know what else to say.

It's also possible that the torrents your downloading have very few people uploading. 10kb/sec isn't too unusual, but if your connecting is much faster than that then you should see faster speeds, at least on popular torrents.
  4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2004
    Communard de Londres