Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyrusm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
World

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Well....if you're looking to resample photos, you should consider something a bit higher end than the above. ON1 10 and Photoshop CC includes the ability to upsample an image without degrading quality. If you're looking for a free option, they really don't exist.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
What about just using Automator already on your Mac? It can Crop and Resize using Preview installed in the Applications folder?

It's quite easy. You create a workflow. Add the files you want and choose the Crop or Resize feature of Preview.

cyrusm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
World
Does it allow image resize or crop in bulk?

What about just using Automator already on your Mac? It can Crop and Resize using Preview installed in the Applications folder?

It's quite easy. You create a workflow. Add the files you want and choose the Crop or Resize feature of Preview.

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
I am looking for a database program to organize my pictures so they can be sorted by date or person or place or subject, etc. Apple used to have such a program that I used on Macs, but that was some time ago, and that software does not work on current Macs.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Does it allow image resize or crop in bulk?

Yes, you can drag go choose multiple images in and have them cropped and/or resized to a certain size.

See attached image. It's quite the power tool this Automator once you get going. AutomatorExample.png

cyrusm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
World
Allan,

Thanks for the shout!

I'll surely look into it but now, I'm using Veprit's Resize Sense which is already listed in my question. It looks quite handy to me and helps into tedious image processing task. :)

Yes, you can drag go choose multiple images in and have them cropped and/or resized to a certain size.

See attached image. It's quite the power tool this Automator once you get going. View attachment 661474

Attachments

• photosense.jpg
    photosense.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 80

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
What about just using Automator already on your Mac?

That's great advice. And what you learn automating this one specific task will stand you in good stead for automating other things in future. It's amazing what you can achieve with Automator. So many people do time consuming, repetitive tasks needlessly without realising it's even there.

At the risk of scaring you off, if at a later date you want to get super-techie with it then you can also use it access some seriously powerful functionality from ImageMagick* and/or SIPs**, providing you're willing to learn a few lines of shell script.

Good luck!

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImageMagick
** https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/sips.1.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.