Please help me with this dental examination interface.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iostream.h, Aug 1, 2004.

1. iostream.h macrumors regular

I've been asked by my father to make a video dental examination program for him. I've made a prototype interface, but was hoping for a bit of feedback. Here it is so far:

Attached Files:

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Looks one hell of a lot like Address Book. :D

I like it. Though I'm a bit confused as to exactly what the app is supposed to do. Is it just a customized Address Book?

3. MikeLaRiviere macrumors regular

Address Book is a simple and functional app. My preference is for the aqua, rather than the metal, interface; aqua seems more like paper to me, it seems more natural. Looks good, though. Post up the program and we can test its functionality for you.

Mike LaRiviere

4. iostream.h thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I've photoshopped in what the app will be like in use a bit (but pretend that the different video thumbnails aren't all the same :p ). Tell me if you feel it's intuitive enough to use with just glancing at it. And if it's not, please tell me what *is* intuitive enough so I know what to change.

Attached Files:

5. iostream.h thread starter macrumors regular

As to what it does, is it documents patient visits for doctors. They can use it with an iSight or any USB/FW camera or without.

6. iostream.h thread starter macrumors regular

One more thing, if no examination is selected for the current patient, a general notes will be displayed. When an examination is clicked on, examination specific notes will be shown. Multiple videos will be allowed per examination.

7. iostream.h thread starter macrumors regular