Please Help Me!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by G5orbust, Jun 23, 2002.

1. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

i just got a new MP3 cd player and it works fine. BUT, when i burn a cd in iTunes, it only says i have 33 files on the CD (i burn 81). Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I have it set to MP3 cd burning and all the files are mp3s.

PLEASE help me!!!! Anyone who can.

(yes i know i should have posted this in the questions forum, i just did it spur of the moment and i wasnt thinking, so dont flame me for putting this thread in the wrong place)

2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

first of all, place a question like this in the HELP section. please please please. its getting annoying that people aren't using the sections that have been created.

addressing your issue...is this something that is continually recurring or just happened once so far with one CD?? if this is a first time thing, then maybe the burn didn't finish correctly and in an effort to save the disc, iTunes went ahead and closed the CD when it hit too many errors. secondly, many MP3 cd-players have problems reading certain ID3, ID3v2 tags. since iTunes has moved to ID3v2 im pretty sure, this may be a problem for songs you have tagged yourself thru iTunes. finally, many of your songs, altho readable by iTunes, may be indeed corrupted. this rears its ugly head alot when you attempt to burn and read them thru other players. if they are songs you have downloaded using a sharing program, there is a very good chance of this having happened.

hope i helped. please use the proper forums next time.

3. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

its a reocurring problem and all my music is ripped from cds using itunes' internal cd ripper.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Have you tried to use Toast??? If not, then I would suggest ddoing so.

BTW, remove the spare blank lines in your sig... it's a bit too tall... :p :D

5. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

no i dont have toast. do u have any suggestions for itunes?

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I always use Toast to burn cd's... Never needed to use iTunes to burn. I used the Apple burning software briefly, and found that Toast does a much better job of it.

7. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

ok ill try toast. its v.5 platinum right? im just gunna burn audio cds for the time being. toast supports mp3 burning right?

Thanks for helping alpha.

who ever is the moderator is, i ask you to plz close this thread. Ill be reopening it in the help section.