iPhone Please help my iPhone is gone for a week now

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jijih, Dec 7, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 7, 2012
    im new in here, new to apple world too, my iphone 4 is factory unlocked, turned off suddenly last week then when i plugged it to the connector showed connect to itunes, i did a restore n updated to ios 6, first kept showing error 21 then after a few times it restored fine, and i chose to set it up as a new phone, but got stuck in a reboot loop, it shows the apple logo, then the slider n says slide to configue, whether i slide it or no it disconnects and restarts again!!!

i tried all tricks online DFU mode, or restore mode, 2 cables, 3 different computers.. still the same...:(
    any other way to fix it?
    can i do custom firmware on a non-jailbroken phone? i downloaded ios 6.0.1 but scared that if i restore from a file other than i tunes my phone will brick
  2. macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2010
    Take it to the Apple store and let the geniuses help you with it.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 7, 2012
    it's the last choice cz i called them they said the only way is to replace it with another and they'll charge me $190
  4. macrumors G4

Mar 16, 2009
    The Jailbreak Community
    If it's not a battery issue (charge it on the wall charger overnight) it will need repair.

We cannot make that change. Sounds like you have 3 options:
    1. Let Apple replace it
    2. Take it to an independent repair shop (can be risky)
    3. Buy a replacement phone.
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 7, 2012
    u r right an independent technician is risky, they might open it and i lose the chance to replace it in the apple store.. besides, he wants half the cost of a new replacement from apple!!