Please HELP...NEED ADVICE on dealing with mac regarding my rebates.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sikdancemuvz, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Sikdancemuvz macrumors newbie

Hi,

In early August, I bought a Macbook Pro 15", IPOD and a printer. I got $100 off immediately and bought the other items solely because of the rebates that were included, $169 off the IPOD and $100 off the printer.

I went online and filled out two separate forms for the rebates same day I received the computer, which was the last item to be received. I then mailed in all the upcs and have a postmark.

My problem...I did not eceive any word from mac about my rebates for 3 months then I called them today. They say they have no record on me filling out the rebates or me sending in the upcs. They say they are having troubles with these promos, and I am sure all my stuff has been lost due to their fault. I have copies of all upcs and the postmark. I am calling the customer service tomorrow, as the rebate people cant do anything for me.

Can anyone help me with some advice on how to deal with these people? Should I dispute this with my credit card?

Thanks.

2. Sikdancemuvz thread starter macrumors newbie

3. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I would dispute it. It is their fault. Demand a rebate on a printer from Applecare.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Nope.
    You kept copies. Good.
    Continue doing what you are doing, follow up with customer service.
    Be polite and factual. Going ballistic and threatening charge card action now is not the way to go. Allow C.S. the chance to solve your problem. Keep copies of all correspondance and written notes of telephone conversations (with date, time and name of other party)

Rebate programmes are almost always administered by rebate clearing houses, not the company. Some clearing houses just don't do a good job, or just don't care. The manufacturer has to put heat on them to perform.

(BTW the company is "Apple" not "mac")
    (BBTW a 'nag' post - where you reply to your own post after a few hours - is not particularly good forum etiquette.)

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I just got my iPod rebate a couple days ago. Sorry :(

6. stevo86 macrumors member

actually I have not received my iPod rebate yet... i'll look into it and get back to you.

7. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

It always helps when you make copies of EVERYTHING you send them. Otherwise they simply claim they never received anything. However if you have proof it was sent they usually will work things out pretty quickly. Just make sure to stay ion top of them.

8. Sikdancemuvz thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks, I will keep it very polite and will provide my proof to them, and see what happens...i guess I will dispute if all else fails.

9. Sikdancemuvz thread starter macrumors newbie

Had to nag...desperation:)