Please Help Need to DL Apple DVD Player 4.0

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by BigEvan23, Jul 5, 2004.

1. BigEvan23 macrumors member

BigEvan23

I guess the last time I installed panther I only had my cd rewritable drive as the master so the installer didnt include Apple Dvd player in its basic package? Whatever the case is, I dont wanna go through the hastle of re-installing panther as im running 10.3.4 (now I have my 107 superdrive installed)and need to find Apple dvd player 4.0. The links on version tracker and macupdate say 4.0 but they are actually links to 3.1. Apple only provides links to dl 3.1 as well. As may know 3.1 only works in versions prior to 10.3.

Thanks for your time and help,
    Evan

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Extract DVD Player from the Panther install CD using Pacifist.

irmongoose

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Nice work there, vniow. Kudos to space2go.

irmongoose

4. BigEvan23 thread starter macrumors member

BigEvan23

Thanks guys

After I posted last night I ran a search on Apple DVD 4.0 in the forums and saw the Pacifist solution. Thanks to all who responded, worked like a charm...its a nifty little app.

Thanks again,
    Evan

5. mdseemore macrumors newbie

Now have DVD player - Thanks!

I had the same problem as BigEvan23. The newly installed 107 player seems to work great ($99 after rebate) and after running the script suggested by vniow I now have the DVD player as one of my applications. Could not have been any easier. Thanks - :)