PLEASE HELP!! Quark problem

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by kippey, Dec 27, 2002.

1. kippey macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a copy of quark xpress 4.11 and successfully installed it on my iMac G4. When i try to run it an error message pops up saying it cant run it because of the system language. What do i need to do?? :confused:

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Oh you poor bastard! I am sure you have to have Quark, but you should have gotten InDesign!

Anyway, onto your question:

Please include details. I assume you have the Australian localized version of a MacOS. Which version? 8.6, 9, 9.1, 9.2, X in classic? It might be that if you bought an American version of Quark, it will not run on a localized vrsion of MAcOS?

3. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

\

You're exactly right there. Quark 4.11 English won't work on a japanese sstem, etc.

So yea. you need passport. or install localized 9.2

lame quark.

4. kippey thread starter macrumors newbie

i got it from thailand and i live in australia. i have os x

5. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

I am afraid unless you want to use a localized Thai MacOS (is there such a thing?), you are stuck with an unusable Quark. That is unless you can find a crack somewhere... No, where is my copy of Carracho? :)

6. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

contact quark and see what they say. you may be able to send it to them and they will send you an international english version.

In australia we use the international english setting. MacOS will work fine with US english aswell. Just not taiwanesse etc.

Good luck.