Please help! safari, firefox and changing processors

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danerh, Nov 16, 2006.

1. danerh macrumors member

Nov 16, 2006
    PLEASE HELP. I use my shiny new macbook pro at work... though i am coming up against some problems. I was able to, at one point access a secure web page of an external company using both safari and firefox, and IE using cross over for mac, however now i am not. If using same user ID for the site i can access from any other pc or mac in the office. I have spoken to the tech support there and while offering no help for mac, they did say i should remove all cookies, delete all internet files (especially offline ones),clear history, and restart. However still it is not working. Can anyone think of any reason for this? Is there somewhere else an apple hides these files away? Could it be another reason, may they have blocked my IP number or something... can that happen? I am at a loss as to why.

And also... I have a G5 iMac at home which i use on occasions... i would like to however be able to use parallels on that too. This may be a silly question, but is it possible to put one of these new intel chips inside? The machine is reasonably high spec otherwise... ?
  2. ribbonthecat macrumors regular

May 23, 2006
    Chicago, IL
  3. lOUDsCREAMEr macrumors regular

Mar 30, 2006
    Safari desert
    you can put INSERT_ANYTHING inside, but it just wont run~~;)