please help set up port from macintosh to azureus.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jayd, Oct 24, 2006.

1. jayd macrumors member

could someone please give me step by step directions to switch my azureus so it runs on port 49152 so i can speed up my downloads? please dont give me a link to the azureus website because i dont understand the directions on there website. if someone can give me step by step directions on what to click on it would be greatly appreciated. thank you. i have a 2003 powerbook g4 labtop and my modem which i think you all call it a router is a westell 6100. i just went to azureus preferences and under connection i typed 49152 and hit save. theres probably some other things i have to do in system preferences to connect to the port right ? please help guys.

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

why exactly do you have to run azureus on 49152?

provided your internet connection setup is something similar to:

internet - modem - router - laptop

you need to setup your router to forward a specific port (read: port forwarding) to your laptop (something like forward port 49152 (or any available port) to 192.168.0.x <-- that's your laptop's IP from the router)... then set your azureus's port to the same one...

as to how to set up your specific router, i dont have that router so i dont know... but likely you'll have to log into your router, (try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your browser, and use your login info, if you never did, it's probably "admin" and "password") and look for something like Port Forwarding... and follow the instruction there

3. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

router settings.

there's nothing wrong with azereus. there's something wrong with you router.

you need to either open the port 49152, or you need to set port 49152 up for port triggering [i like port triggering better, there's tons of people in my house, so we just increment our ports we use, then we don't have to have individual settings]

next plan of action. look up port forwarding, or set it up.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

if you have a router you will (probably) have to setup port forwarding on that seperately, check your IP address under System Preferences==>Network ==>TCP/IP if it is 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x then you have a router, otherwise you probably don't.

Under OS X you need to go to System Preferences ==>Sharing ==>Firewall and click new and choose Other (as the program) and type in the TCP ports for Azureus to forward.

For BitTorrent you might also prefer Transmission.

I also assume you are only downloading Linux distros and other legal files ;).

5. jayd thread starter macrumors member

eraserhead, you lost me at the end. im at the sharing section where it says other and below it says tcp port numbers
    udp port numbers
    description

what exactly do i write in these 3 boxes?

6. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

some ISP's are actually blacklisting connections that use port 6881. so now everyone can arbitrarily set whatever they want

7. jayd thread starter macrumors member

8. jayd thread starter macrumors member

eraserhead, you lost me at the end. im at the sharing section where it says other and below it says tcp port numbers,
    udp port numbers,
    description,

what exactly do i write in these 3 boxes?

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry for the delay didn't subscribe :eek:, the TCP port is 49152, the UDP port should be blank (as they probably use TCP, put 49152 in that as well if you want/ It doesn't work with TCP), the description is simply a description "Azureus Port forwarding" will do.

10. jayd thread starter macrumors member

eraserhead, i did what you said. the only thing i dont know is if i have a router or not. when i go to network i dont see anything that says tcp/ip. but under network the ip address starts with 192.168 and it says that im connected to the internet via built in ethernet?

and also do you know anything about the azureus program. is the only other thing i have to do is go to azureus-preferences-connection- and then type in the port number 49152 and its all set?

i just did a nat/firewall test in azureus under port 49152 and in said nat error. does that mean im not using port 49152?

11. jayd thread starter macrumors member

eraserhead, i just figured out that i have a router. what do i do next to set up the port forwarding on that separetely?

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm not really sure TBH, go to 192.168.1.1 as bearbo said.

13. jayd thread starter macrumors member